The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Yeah I actually just started thinking of this the other night.

Our cable/internet is Verizon Fios (fucking hate it) and apparently my roomates dont want to pay the higher rate to be able to record onto our DVR box. Fucking stupid. So I have to deal with the two things I hate about cable...

Commercials, and I have to watch shit live. The only reason I want cable is for Lakers sports, and half of the time Im at a bar watching the game, so I guess I really need to have this discussion with them...

Dont like the layout. Menus are slow. Most importantly, CANT RECORD SHIT.

Im old. I get used to something a certain way and I dont like it when it changes.

EDIT:

I will say though, their internet is stupid fast.

lol get this. I guess I need to call that local provider back and cancel the installation. Some higher up DTV person called and brought the monthly price down to match, + $200 gift card + NFL Sunday Ticket for this coming fall, without requiring a new 2 year contract.

Easily my favorite song from them.

Post a video when you get it down, Id love to see that shit.

Mine too man, definitely will. Curious, what's your lastfm? Because I'm pretty sure we're hella similar, though you definitely know more bands' work.

A lot of people, even those that are big fans of the band, don't seem to like that album.

If you want to try them out you're better off going with Ultima Thule and the Memoria Vetusta trilogy for more straight forward, melodic black metal, or with The Work Which Transforms God, Odinist ant Sect(s) if you're interested in the more experimental side.

I still really enjoy MoRT though.

Will check those too, they get high praise often.

Talking about slashing (only with major life style changes), I just moved in with a friend who doesn't have heat (we wear bubble jackets all night) or water (just poland spring he uses for everything) haha. I'm going to be here until July so I have to adapt, I feel like I'm living in the Fight Club house only he has internet (high tech/lowlife). I washed myself with paper towels last night wtf and we pee in a bucket in the basement, shit in a bag around the toilet and throw it out with the dog poop or go to a public bathroom. I was complaining about money, he basically challenged me (we were drunk) and I want to cry and laugh at the same time now

Well there are always pseudo anarchist punk type sluts around that love this dude. That's a bonus

I actually cant wait to see one of these twats go piss in the bucket heh

Once I get my shit together in terms of moving and all that I'll be more able to allocate funds for an MDF trip again. Definitely not this coming up one and likely not the following, but hopefully the one after that.

I'm tempted to completely go without cable/satellite when I get out on my own. Only things I'd miss are the regional cable sports stations since I can't reliably catch Wings games on network tv, but I guess thats what Gamecenter is for.
Do it.
Have an hd antenna for football (other than monday night games)
Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime. win!
+ all the downloading.

nobody cares about my lastfm? :(

It was really good when I first trying to find bands, now it doesn't really do much for me. Not entirely sure why I have it anymore tbh

I dig it for the fun surprise of noticing what I listen to most. Its interesting to know what ones actual tastes are, I personally don't think about it much in my every day musical enjoyment.

Like... I'll be damned, I'm fuckin obsessed with 16 Horsepower.