The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

They're trippin, no one wants to live in Nebraska, Wyoming, or New Mexico. States are mostly void of people and empty landscapes. South Dakota is run by biker gangs, who wants to live there. The black hills are nice but that's it.

I'd put New Mexico and Wyoming a good step ahead of Nebraska. Wyoming has Yellowstone, and New Mexico has some kind neat native american shit. Nebraska just has corn.

Yeah I kind of have to second Neph. Nebraska isn't quite the corn stereotype, but there is some really desolate charm in northern New Mexico and west Wyoming.

Yeah I kind of have to second Neph. Nebraska isn't quite the corn stereotype, but there is some really desolate charm in northern New Mexico and west Wyoming.

I'll give them Yellowstone and Santa Fe area, but the rest of the states are empty and no fun to visit, much less live in. If you drive across the rest of Wyoming there is literally nothing to do. New Mexico I guess you can stop in Roswell or Carlsbad.. it's better to visit than Wyoming probably.

I'll give them Yellowstone and Santa Fe area, but the rest of the states are empty and no fun to visit, much less live in. If you drive across the rest of Wyoming there is literally nothing to do. New Mexico I guess you can stop in Roswell or Carlsbad.. it's better to visit than Wyoming probably.

I drove all over West (Minus Minn/Mich/ND) of the Mighty Miss for 2 months as an OTR driver, and crisscrossed the lower west many times going between AZ and NC while in the service. Kansas, Iowa, and South Dakota are absolutely terrible in comparison with any of those states previously mentioned.

I drove all over West (Minus Minn/Mich/ND) of the Mighty Miss for 2 months as an OTR driver, and crisscrossed the lower west many times going between AZ and NC while in the service. Kansas, Iowa, and South Dakota are absolutely terrible in comparison with any of those states previously mentioned.

I've been all over west of the miss too. I just mentioned those states because the article linked listed them in the top 10. Yeah pretty much all of the midwest sucks. if Colorado counts as midwest I'd say it's the best of the bunch.

For the west in general: Utah, California and Oregon are the top 3

I've seen all of it.

Doubt it.

Have you been to:

Redwood National Park
Yosemite NP
Kings Canyon NP
Sequoia NP
Big Sur
Catalina Island
Channel Islands NP
Death Valley NP
Joshua Tree NP
Lassen Volcanic NP
Pinnacles NP
San Francisco
San Diego
L.A.
Hollywood
Santa Barbara
Lake Arrowhead
Big Bear
Devil's Postpile National Monument
Laguna Beach
La Jolla
Carmel
Berkeley
Anaheim
Alcatraz
Angel Island
Santa Cruz
Mt. Shasta
Mt. Whitney
Mono Lake
Salton Sea
Anza-Borrego
Palm Springs
Napa Valley
Solvang

Last edited:
Doubt it.

Well, as much as can be seen by interstates, major highways, and traveling around LA/San Diego. I haven't skied Tahoe or anything.

Edit: Old map I did of Cali:

california_ref_2001.jpg

Reactions: unknown
Ohio is probably the worst state to drive through. It's fucking huge and boring. At least West Virginia has some mountains and shit. Oklahoma sucked too. New Mexico is beautiful. The state that I want to visit next is Alaska or Montana.

I wanna see a checklist of the above

Of what I've driven?

The entire I 5, 8,10, 15, 40, 80. Much of Hwy1 (not a terrible view when you can see the Pacific but it's not constant and the Pacific Coast is kind of meh compared to white sand beaches), 86/111. Hwy 62, 58, and a couple of others I'm not sure on the number but in the middle of the state.

Plenty of time in LA/SD/SLO plus 3+ months in 29Palms with trips to the surrounding area (Yucca Valley/Palm Springs/etc).

You listed this in your shitty region because you're ignorant
K4Pxg.jpg

Yeah Cali has some nice spots. But that's what they are. Spots.

Of this

Doubt it.

Have you been to:

Redwood National Park
Yosemite NP
Kings Canyon NP
Sequoia NP
Big Sur
Catalina Island
Channel Islands NP
Death Valley NP
Joshua Tree NP
Lassen Volcanic NP
Pinnacles NP
San Francisco
San Diego
L.A.
Hollywood
Santa Barbara
Lake Arrowhead
Big Bear
Devil's Postpile National Monument
Laguna Beach
La Jolla
Carmel
Berkeley
Anaheim
Alcatraz
Angel Island
Santa Cruz
Mt. Shasta
Mt. Whitney
Mono Lake
Salton Sea
Anza-Borrego
Palm Springs
Napa Valley
Solvang

The top ~150 miles of Cali is pretty nice and some extending southward in the Sierra Nevadas. I noted as much in the map. But most of the state is either barren desert or this:

brown-hills-15111964.jpg

Also LA and Hollywood are crumbling, bum ridden eyesores.

You haven't even been to half of the places on the list have you. The central valley sucks and part of L.A. sucks and part of the mojave sucks. but the rest of Cali is beautiful. The entire coastline, the Sierra Nevadas, Death Valley, the bay area...

Death Valley is the largest NP outside of Alaska (but it's just a spot right?) The Sierra Nevadas are just a spot too... same with the Channel Islands...