The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I may have found a place, but it depends on my current roommate agreeing to split with us again. It's a two-bedroom, available March 1st.

His plans to split with that lady friend of his fell through, pretty sure, so I am hoping he agrees to split with us instead. It would greatly solve our problems as I have been having major trouble finding one-bedrooms in our price range.

This is literally a huge opportunity and probably the holy grail of places in our area. It will not last long so he really needs to tell me today if he is in or not, so I can call and schedule a viewing.

Reactions: CiG
I suppose I should start putting all my books into my new shelf. CDs took for fucking ever and now I just can't be bothered.

Sitting here flipping the bird at the huge pile of books on my floor.

Firstly, what's the Australian website you found for book purchases, and is it cheaper than Book Depository which has free shipping?

Secondly, several months ago I made the decision to take all my cds (over a thousand) out of their genre groups (with the exception of black metal which has its own display with flags, books etc) and simply alphabetise them.

This was a mistake. It took me ages, and it was cool to be reminded about exactly what I had, but now there's no vibe to the collection. I used to have the cds divided into: black, death, folk, doom/gothic, traditional, general, hard rock/hair metal. Now it's one big mass from whatever 'A' band comes first to probably Zyklon or something.

Furthermore, it's in a spare upstairs bedroom where one of my daughters will eventually move into when she's a bit older, so even this arrangement is temporary. I need a permanent grim and frostbitten kingdom where I can reorder them into genres and live out the rest of my days with compartmentalised order.

Last edited:
Fucking felt like shit today. Woke up with a hangover and had to go to school. I also have a cold and my spring allergies are asking for a word. Nearly fainted in a tram but made it to school after all. School was ok and I went home straight away. I will listen to metal until I go to bed and a work weekend is coming up. Not very pleasant but will have to do.

I didn't check the shipping man, I was drunk. But I figure it was cheap for one, free for multiple.

I'll give you multiple in a minute.

Ok, well if you want cheap check out Book Depository. It's where all my spare change goes these days. Actually I should bring this up in the books/reading thread.

Reactions: CiG
So there was an issue with the house I purchased: I couldn't get insurance on it because it still had the old school fuses. The seller offered to subsidize 2/3rds of the cost to switch the house/garage to a breaker box. I will be a homeowner shortly.
sweet!
What I love about our house is that everything is brand new.
Well not everything, we had to have windows installed in the basement (our room) and we're going to finish the basement ourselves. Gets cold as shit down here.
new 2 car garage. Furnace, air, waterheater, microwave, stove, fridge, dishwasher. All new. Love it!

Reactions: requiem and Dak
Man new windows are no joke. The apartment me and the missus live in was built in the 60s (maybe) and the windows are super drafty. Luckily, it doesn't get super cold here that often, but when we run the heater or A/C, it's leaching out. I've put some weather stripping in around the major spots (like noticeable gaps in the door and window jambs)

Reactions: Dak
yeah, good windows make a huge difference
Originally there were single pane shitty windows here. absolutely terrible! So damn cold in the winter.
We had Lowes put in some killer windows. They do the job and it's incredibly easy to move them up and down.

they used pvc board instead of wood. Shit will never rot! The frames from before were nasty metal ones. wow shitty!
We had 4 installed. cant remember how much it was. 1,200-1,500.
20140716_203512.jpg

sweet!
What I love about our house is that everything is brand new.
Well not everything, we had to have windows installed in the basement (our room) and we're going to finish the basement ourselves. Gets cold as shit down here.
new 2 car garage. Furnace, air, waterheater, microwave, stove, fridge, dishwasher. All new. Love it!

Looks like you'll have to change your name to Krigloch the Satisfied.

Man new windows are no joke. The apartment me and the missus live in was built in the 60s (maybe) and the windows are super drafty. Luckily, it doesn't get super cold here that often, but when we run the heater or A/C, it's leaching out. I've put some weather stripping in around the major spots (like noticeable gaps in the door and window jambs)

Don't get me started on windows. We renovated a couple of years ago and long story short we didn't put outside blinds on the upstairs windows because our builders said yolo. So upstairs is significantly hotter in summer and we have to get motorised outdoor blinds installed on the six or so windows up there = great cost to management.

Bout to drive down the the New Forest, listen to scary, evil music and run everywhere and then come back and beer myself to death.