The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

She's also not above being dumb like Bart, watching stupid cartoons, crank-calling and even ripping on herself at times.

Like when Bart said to someone "hey, you throw like my sister" and Lisa then says "yeah, you throw like me."

So I'm in 10th grade and my parents are talking to me as if I'm going to already flunk out of high school and land a job as a plumber.

If you drop out at somepoint you're just going take your GED and take classes anyways. So you might aswell stay in school. You will be working some shitty job for 50 hours a week and a chick won't even suck your cock because you'll be at the bottom of the food chain. You'll be worked a shift with some guys that work,go to school at the sametime, and make more money than you. So if I was you I would hammer on that shit. You might not even be educated enough right now to even be a plumber or build a house.

Being a plumber isn't the worst thing that could happen. Pay's actually pretty decent.

You should look into Co-op for the rest of your highschool career. Get grades for getting paid at work. I did it most of high school and had a huge leg up on my peers who had no real world experience down the line.

Get yourself a warehouse gig, headphones and heavy lifting. Might even learn to use a hilo and enjoy making good factory money while you decide what stupid dream education to waste it on.

Reactions: Dak
If I could share one tidbit of employment knowledge with those younger than me, it would be this: don't look for someTHING you enjoy doing. Look for someWHERE you'd enjoy working. Decide what color collar you wanna wear, because once you pick it out that's the kind of jobs you'll land.

Reactions: unknown and Dak
What "normal" career do you other adults wish you had pursued? I've always been sour I didn't intern at a garage. Wish I knew more about cars than I do. You make good money eventually, you save money doing your own shit, and it's a hospitable environment for my preferred music. Even your regular clients are gonna be likable because car people usually are.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
What "normal" career do you other adults wish you had pursued? I've always been sour I didn't intern at a garage. Wish I knew more about cars than I do. You make good money eventually, you save money doing your own shit, and it's a hospitable environment for my preferred music. Even your regular clients are gonna be likable because car people usually are.

My long term goals after high school were either: Astronomer, Electrical Engineer, Computer Programmer, or Musician. Wish I had just picked one because I ended up spending 5 years at a CC studying all kinds of fun stuff. Anyway it's looking like I'll finally accomplish the astronomer/computer programmer part in a way. I'll be writing statistical programs to analyze astronomical data this summer.

I've dabbled in the musician bit as well, as far as performing live, and i've been a guitar teacher. I've mostly lost interest in electrical engineering.

I never said it was a bad job, I'm just saying thats what my parents think

I'd hate to see what jobs your parents work if they think that. Are they Jew bankers?

I always wanted to do something with art, went to art school, but I decided I needed to make money early on so my dreams were smashed in the process.

lol, no Dads a lawyer, says he's gonna lose his job soon. Which is weird because he is one of the most valuable employees at the company. They recently sold half the company because they had too and the part thats still there employing him can't afford to keep him. My mom used to be an RN but she's been a stay at home mom for at least the duration of when they adopted my sister and I.

I don't think I could have realistically done things any different than I did them as it relates to careers. I played the hand I was dealt as best as I could at given point. I'm pretty happy with my current direction.