The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Inb4 he gives up alcohol for just one actual minute

Considering the amount of time that elapsed between those comments, you lost.

Gives up alcohol. Starts eating uncontrollably.

You did this even with alcohol.

Alcoholism runs in my family and I'm starting to cross that grey area into full blown needing to get help. Cold turkey at least for a short while. I've never actually curtailed my drinking for more than a week or two so I need to see if this is actually possible.

Reactions: Dak and CiG
I'm back bitches. Took a break from here over the summer.

My mother is an alcoholic and has been for most of her life. Get help now before you cross into the spectrum of being unable to be helped.

I get a bit of a pining for alcohol every couple of weeks but it really feelses after a month. I still hate having "too much" though, not just because of hangovers.

I'm back bitches. Took a break from here over the summer.

My mother is an alcoholic and has been for most of her life. Get help now before you cross into the spectrum of being unable to be helped.

How bad was/is hers? You don't have to share if you feel uncomfortable but I'm curious. I don't know how to gauge if I'm actually crossing that line but it was getting to the point where I would drink 6-8 beers almost every night. My parents were getting concerned but never intervened. I was convicted of drunk driving back in 2010 (on my birthday. Happy birthday to me) and I'm slipping back into that mindset of not caring so I need to do something before any substantial harm is done.

Reactions: Dak
Start exercising or some sort of sport. If you're one of those weird people that don't enjoy anything like that, keep at it until you do.

The only thing alcohol ever got in the way of for me was exercise. Cutting down on drinking massively meant I could do way more.

Reactions: Dak
If you're going to keep at drinking, try switching from beer. Beer is the worst for weight gain and also lowers testosterone (not just directed at Ozz). Red wine is good for you, and it's classy af.

Start exercising or some sort of sport. If you're one of those weird people that don't enjoy anything like that, keep at it until you do.

The only thing alcohol ever got in the way of for me was exercise. Cutting down on drinking massively meant I could do way more.

I do work out but I should do it more. The problem is I've never had someone write out a plan of exercises to do or anything. I just do cardio or weight training from what I remember from high school sports. I play golf when I get the urge.

How bad was/is hers? You don't have to share if you feel uncomfortable but I'm curious. I don't know how to gauge if I'm actually crossing that line but it was getting to the point where I would drink 6-8 beers almost every night. My parents were getting concerned but never intervened. I was convicted of drunk driving back in 2010 (on my birthday. Happy birthday to me) and I'm slipping back into that mindset of not caring so I need to do something before any substantial harm is done.

Pretty bad, like a bottle of wine a night or so. I think if you're getting intoxicated daily you're doing too much.

Exercising is so boring if you don't live somewhere cool. I hear about motherfuckers rock climbing on a Thursday afternoon like its a bowling night and all I have is a fucking walk or some squats. How fucking titillating.

Pretty bad, like a bottle of wine a night or so. I think if you're getting intoxicated daily you're doing too much.

I feel like it's so culturally dependent, as well as if it's personally necessary. Also "intoxicated" is a very vague word. As a health psychologist, terminology and ramifications all have much more precise meaning when it comes to things such as these. Generally speaking, substance abuse is a bad thing. But abuse can often have shades of grey, even though for many it appears quite black and white.

I feel like it's so culturally dependent, as well as if it's personally necessary. Also "intoxicated" is a very vague word. As a health psychologist, terminology and ramifications all have much more precise meaning when it comes to things such as these. Generally speaking, substance abuse is a bad thing. But abuse can often have shades of grey, even though for many it appears quite black and white.

People are different physically too ie10 beers my not affect certain people