The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Lol of course!

There's good kids at every school tbh. But this new one is one of the best and it's a public school for the arts so kids have to audition for it

@arg I don't get it. What's wrong with that?

They're not going to be the next Picasso or anything but it's more for the social aspect I think. A lot of them actually end up going to specialized high schools

such retards

many taxes

much waste

arts useless

no STEM

lifetime welfare

wow

I'ma awesome photographer

20160910_223649.jpg

I'd like to know more about this school. I work with people who have physical and mental disabilities and I find it very rewarding.

Same. And for sure it is. I can message you about it sometime. Really cool approach to helping title 1 kids (low income kids) and kids with disabilities. No nonsense in the hallways either, really well runned.

Re: art being useless discussion
It's really not. Hobbies are totally important. And what better hobby to have than something like playing an instrument or painting. I mean we ARE on a forum about metal.... So.... Yeah, don't get it but yolo.

edit: most schools don't have a cool stem project. I think if a school was focused on stem it wouldn't be that successful depending on the area. Kids want to feel like the people on tv. Sports and arts work at least for the younger ones. Need something that they care about to help motivate them. If you tell them "I'm taking away your stem project if you don't do well in your academics!" they'd start acting up to get it taken away :lol:

Last edited:
I'll have to disagree to some degree. My wife is getting a fine arts degree and she has to do a ton of work (more so than what I see a lot of general humanities majors put in). It's just not "intellectual", although they try to throw a veneer of intellectualism over it with a bunch of Lacanian etc bullshit mixed in where possible.

I'll have to disagree to some degree. My wife is getting a fine arts degree and she has to do a ton of work (more so than what I see a lot of general humanities majors put in). It's just not "intellectual", although they try to throw a veneer of intellectualism over it with a bunch of Lacanian etc bullshit mixed in where possible.

I was being half facetious

Reactions: Dak
Someone totally dismissing any and all non-STEM study is a pretty good indicator that they're nowhere near as smart as they think they are. They're probably a stupid cunt that could do with having a few teeth knocked out.

The arts are absolutely valuable for several reasons, they're just rarely financially viable as a career. Kids with well to do parents should definitely pursue the arts and keep them alive.