The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

People are different physically too ie10 beers my not affect certain people
I don't think I have ever drunk 10 beers in one night in my life. Maybe over the course of a whole day, like at a festival or something.
The first shower after you shave your head is always a weird thing.
I have never experienced this shaving hair business because I like heavy metal.

Rob-Halford.jpg

Madness.

I just had two of these with dinner.

maxresdefault.jpg

Now listening to Atomkraft and sorting out hotel/trains for Caledonian Darkness.

Nifelheim, Vemod, Urfaust, Svartidaudi, Dead Congregation, Pseudogod, Sinmara, Irkallian Oracle, Slidhr, Darvaza, Devouring Star, Qrixkuor, Barshasketh, Ifrinn.

Be jelly.

My brain is so damn active that if I'm bored I'll drink. But I'm also 105 lbs so one beer is just good enough for me to be intoxicated. I haven't drank alcohol in awhile actually because I've been sleeping four hours a day again because it's that time of year (school year). I need something to do to not fuck my life up because when I'm bored I'll get into trouble.

Also side note: I love my new school. The kids are actual ANGELS! They act like actual kids (verrrry babyish 7th graders). Complete change and I can actually do fun stuff with them. I love my job but I also forget to eat and sleep because I'm actually a crazy OCD perfectionist and the kids (special Ed only do it's only 12 students in one class and I have two different groups) all want to learn. What a difference. My students actually brought me paper towels, Kleenex, wipes and stuff for the classroom!

Edit: lied went drinking before school started and slept over a friends house. Apparently we sang dokken songs on some roof in Brooklyn. I don't remember I just remember her bed had this awesome temperdic thing on it and I immediately fell asleep. I need that on my bed

Last edited:
Reactions: Phylactery
It's definitely much better when you have classes full of attentitive students that want to learn. Makes the job so much more enjoyable for me.

I've met quite a few teachers who love the challenge of badly behaved students and rough schools on the whole. They say it's more rewarding for them and they feel like they're making a difference. I just can't understand this mindset because you rarely actually get to teach your chosen subject in these kinds of environments. It seems as if they just like having power and using it to boss people around. I'm very passionate about maths and pretty much my entire reason for wanting to teach is to hopefully make the subject interesting to them. Classroom management is the side of teaching I don't like as it distracts from the actual maths. I also literally can't shout - it ends up coming out as a death metal growl which they find hilarious.

It's definitely much better when you have classes full of attentitive students that want to learn. Makes the job so much more enjoyable for me.

I've met quite a few teachers who love the challenge of badly behaved students and rough schools on the whole. They say it's more rewarding for them and they feel like they're making a difference. I just can't understand this mindset because you rarely actually get to teach your chosen subject in these kinds of environments. It seems as if they just like having power and using it to boss people around. I'm very passionate about maths and pretty much my entire reason for wanting to teach is to hopefully make the subject interesting to them. Classroom management is the side of teaching I don't like as it distracts from the actual maths. I also literally can't shout - it ends up coming out as a death metal growl which they find hilarious.

D...do black metal vocals do anything?

What is your brain doing in the interim between boredom and alcohol?

Figuring out fun things to do to get into trouble or actually being productive. Sometimes I veg out though.

@Phylactery i totally agree. I want to teach, not to referee. also those rough schools you kinda have to be a bully yourself and that's exhausting if that's not who you are. My voice would literally be hoarse from yelling at my old school.

Classroom management is a challenge I think. atudents though adapt to you I think. I can't have disorder because easily distracted already. Also I get mad easily... But I had some issues with management (I co-teached so it was different wasn't my show entirely) at my old school because those were grown folk lol. Like those kids were just something else. Here I just look at them and they sit up straight. Lol

Here's my classroom. It's not perfect but it was fun to do (except having to throw away hundreds of books from like the 90s...) It's actually bothering me that one chair is pulled out and the desks aren't perfectly aligned. Also that tilted calendar next to ela standards. It's crazy but I actually like decorating shit

image.jpeg

Last edited:
My brain is so damn active that if I'm bored I'll drink. But I'm also 105 lbs so one beer is just good enough for me to be intoxicated. I haven't drank alcohol in awhile actually because I've been sleeping four hours a day again because it's that time of year (school year). I need something to do to not fuck my life up because when I'm bored I'll get into trouble.

Also side note: I love my new school. The kids are actual ANGELS! They act like actual kids (verrrry babyish 7th graders). Complete change and I can actually do fun stuff with them. I love my job but I also forget to eat and sleep because I'm actually a crazy OCD perfectionist and the kids (special Ed only do it's only 12 students in one class and I have two different groups) all want to learn. What a difference. My students actually brought me paper towels, Kleenex, wipes and stuff for the classroom!

Edit: lied went drinking before school started and slept over a friends house. Apparently we sang dokken songs on some roof in Brooklyn. I don't remember I just remember her bed had this awesome temperdic thing on it and I immediately fell asleep. I need that on my bed
is that school public or private? are the kids able to get real jobs when they graduate?