The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Trying to think of a band name for shit that will be something like this, probably more Aosothy, with a Canadian doing voices.

Gay.

beers and off to meet some people from uni then see witchmaster and tortorum then pass the time until the 4;30am train with beers and WHATEVER TAKES A GENTLEMAN'S FANCY

In order to give myself something to look forward to and a gift for graduating grad school, I want to plan a trip to Europe. Not sure what country to go to yet but I'll have an entirely full summer to myself and still get paid so I need to make use of that. Anybody been to Europe before? What country would you recommend? Those of you who are from Europe, which country is good for tourists and to see and do awesome things?

Reactions: King Richard
As a European, I highly recommend the Czech Republic. Specifically the city of Prague. You can live like a king (queen) for pretty damn cheap, as its in Eastern Europe (which by and large is pretty shitty), but it's still really nice there. It's the best of both worlds really. Also, you can get drunk off of great beer - namely Pilsner Urquell, or Staropramen if you prefer, for pennies.

Don't go to Paris, it's a shit hole. If you have to go to France, go to Nice or Toulouse. Or Carcassonne if you want to see a bad ass castle-town.

Sweden and Switzerland are the two countries I lived in the longest, but both countries are ridiculously expensive. I have many fun memories, but as a tourist I'd say don't spend more than 2 days in either, or you'll go broke before you know it.

I'd say hit up Berlin for the night life. I don't know if you like house music, but they have the best nightclub scene in the world IMO. Minimal House is huuuge there, and it's so much fun.

Also Italy is great in the summer. Go to Venice for the full experience. Avoid the big cities for the most part. Smaller ones are always more fun. Though, I have heard good things about Rome, but I've never been so I can't say much about it.

In order to give myself something to look forward to and a gift for graduating grad school, I want to plan a trip to Europe. Not sure what country to go to yet but I'll have an entirely full summer to myself and still get paid so I need to make use of that. Anybody been to Europe before? What country would you recommend? Those of you who are from Europe, which country is good for tourists and to see and do awesome things?

Come to Poland! We've got beautiful mountainous landscape.

foto_364.jpg

palenica24.jpg

@-CyanideChrist- thanks for the great advice! Yeah I'm going to avoid the crazily expensive places. I hear Norway is expensive too, unfortunately no north Europe as I'd actually have to really plan those trips and save a shit ton. Prague definitely sounds like a place to visit. I'll put a star on that. I was thinking Germany but wasn't sure which city. I have a friend in Marl, which is next to Amsterdam. Would you recommend Amsterdam?

Poland is gorgeous! Besides Aushwitz and gorgeous scenery I wouldn't know what to do with myself there. Not sure how tourist friendly Poland is. I suppose Warsaw would be, though.

Anybody been to Iceland? I feel like many people have started going recently. Has anyone been? How is it?

Don't go to Paris, it's a shit hole. If you have to go to France, go to Nice or Toulouse. Or Carcassonne if you want to see a bad ass castle-town.

I've never understood why people like Paris so much. It's worth going to once for a few days to see all the main sites but after that, fuck it.

Everyone holiday should start with a visit to Grimsby. By comparison wherever you end up will seem great.

That or Hull. Or Bradford.

London is worth visiting, fuck the haters. Also Edinburgh. I think Bath and York are about the best cities that people tend to visit for touristy reasons.

Last edited:
I'm holding out hope that I can snag a job in Europe working for Tesla in a couple years. I dream often of traveling to Europe, one of these days it'll happen.

I was talking to my boss at work the other day about Europe (he's French). He's got some good advice for sure.

I'm gonna have to look into Prague more. I would like to have a beer with @Onder and talk mad shit.

After I've done my masters I'm planning to move to either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
English towns and cities in general aren't very appealing. Brutalist buildings, glass plate and steel random shapes, unfriendly people (not just natives), grim weather. Some places are nicer to look around than others but apart from country walks I don't really see the UK as a holiday place. I suppose if you had a carefully planned holiday in Summer that involved something like half a day at the best southern beach, a visit to bath, a visit to york, some LOTR larping in Scotland and then go home, with no more than 15 minutes in any stations or city centers without real direction, then it might be good.

I'm trying to recall you saying something that didn't sound like bollocks.

I'm holding out hope that I can snag a job in Europe working for Tesla in a couple years. I dream often of traveling to Europe, one of these days it'll happen.

I was talking to my boss at work the other day about Europe (he's French). He's got some good advice for sure.

I'm gonna have to look into Prague more. I would like to have a beer with @Onder and talk mad shit.

AFAIK Tesla is actually deciding on building a its factory in CZ.

Beers and mad talk anytime.