The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Preparing for a trip to Colorado in 2 days, gonna stay with some friends over christmas and new year. Never really traveled anywhere before. Too anxious and excited to get much of anything done right now.

That sounds awesome! A month in Colorado?!

Does this mean that you won't be posting much then?

Not much, longing for another death twitch, it's what I want. It's the greatest thing ever.

Preparing for a trip to Colorado in 2 days, gonna stay with some friends over christmas and new year. Never really traveled anywhere before. Too anxious and excited to get much of anything done right now.

sounds killer, my mind was blown the first time i went to the states although i've never been anywhere like colorado i shouldn't think. travelling is great aside from the actual travelling part. i find it weird when people are scared of flying because flying is the part where you get to sit down and relax and finally escape the hell on fucking earth that is airports.

Drinking beer, I got kicked out of my apart and have 30 days to move, probably move back into a hotel. I don't have a security deposit. I like hotels anyways.

sounds killer, my mind was blown the first time i went to the states although i've never been anywhere like colorado i shouldn't think. travelling is great aside from the actual travelling part. i find it weird when people are scared of flying because flying is the part where you get to sit down and relax and finally escape the hell on fucking earth that is airports.

I'm actually terrified of flying, but maybe this way of looking at it will help.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
lol
yeah l really enjoyed the states the first time l went (only twice now)
l grew up in Oz, never having an inkling to ever want to go there, but then my older sister moved and married a director in LA and l visited and loved it. Can't wait to go back.
Didn't blow my mind, but it far and away surpassed my expectations...thought it would be backwards but actually everyone l met was sane, sensible and for the most part interesting. Maybe that was just the crowd l was introduced to tho...
Also l went to Amoeba both times, and as a vinyl junkie that was bliss

i'd lived in american cinema for so long that it was like stepping into the movies for me i guess - there's an otherness and a mythic quality to the US for an outsider that i imagine you can't comprehend if you're american (similarly it's hard for me to understand why a lot of americans fetishise the cesspit of uncoolness that is england). also the size and the sparseness is really weird to someone who's grown up in the UK where everything's comparatively miniature and so damn cluttered, just existing in that space has a different feel to it somehow - i guess that won't be the same for pompey though. ofc, adding to my mindfuckery was the fact that it was my first time travelling alone and i'd flown out there specifically to meet a girl i'd been talking to on the internet for only a few weeks, who was also like someone out of the movies. that particular trip ended with me getting stranded in newark airport for over 24 fucking hours because of storms, in case you wanted one of the many reasons i hate airports.

i don't have any kind of phobia of flying and always found it p fun, but i read somewhere that to make it likely that you'd be in a plane crash, you'd have to take your average flight every day for 15000 years or so. that's a lot of years!

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Drinking this shit, it is the shit to drink. I'm going to wake up and put on a pair of old boxers and they will smell them anyways,they can't get enough of it.

also the size and the sparseness is really weird to someone who's grown up in the UK where everything's comparatively miniature and so damn cluttered, just existing in that space has a different feel to it somehow

I guessed as much, but wanted to be sure. I've heard the same thing from Europeans of various stripes before. Such crampedness vs such space definitely has a significant effect on the human psyche. This is demonstrated more generalizably in the differences between urbanites and rural dwellers.

England isn't that bad Old Wainds! I actually like the shitty weather. I can't stand too much heat. The summers in England get too hot for me on those days we get to around 30 degrees C.

I've only ever been to Florida, but I've been four times. I always enjoy it when I visit but I couldn't really tell you exactly why I like it so much. Probably because I've always had a huge list of things to do over the two weeks every time I've been so each day has been like a new adventure.