The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

i religiously watch several sports and occasionally play them, obsess over music, play piano, watch+write about movies, play chess at tournament level, game, catch moths, birdwatch, read, binge watch TV shows, probably some other shit i'm forgetting. it's frustrating having so little time to pursue some of these things more thoroughly. part of me wants to commit a semi-serious crime so i go to jail and am forced to spend a year doing nothing but reading (and bulking my skinny ass up i guess).

I'm not an avid moth hobbyist, but I have an admirable taxidermy collection including a deaths head moth I purchased prepared. Beautiful specimen. Also a tobacco horn worm hawk moth I raised from a larvae. It was actually supposed to be food for my bearded dragon but I realized he was way too big when we got home so I kept him as a pet, he mothed, and enjoyed a pleasurable short life before joining the other moth on my shelf.

Reactions: CiG
Drinking a bottle of vodka by myself. Considering catching an Uber to the bar down the street for the ball drop later.

Giving up alcohol for month of January so need to get completely tanked tonight haha

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Drinking a bottle of vodka by myself. Considering catching an Uber to the bar down the street for the ball drop later.

Giving up alcohol for month of January so need to get completely tanked tonight haha

I've cut back already. Wanna drop 10ish and cutting alcohol is really the only way to do it since I rarely eat any sort of restaurant food or junk.

10 would be a good start for me. I want to drop 30+.

I dropped 40ish in ~6 mos couple yrs ago now by doing a modified Atkins and burning 1K+ per day in exercise while keeping total caloric intake minus 1k whatever I calulated burning (1k burnt over take in = 7k per week = 2lbs, and helps if calories taken are mostly protein). It was rough and had diminishing returns at the end but it's certainly doable in a year.

Atkins works. It's bad for your heart and makes you feel tired all the time for the first couple weeks or month, but it works. Even with moderate exercise (hiking once or twice a week), I lost like 25 pounds in a summer (this was around 12 years ago now). You're young enough you should be fine.

Happy New Year. Less than 3 weeks until this motherfucker is sworn is as President:

The-Art-of-the-Deal-With-It_zpsix7vytlk.gif

This past year was the first I've been strict about my diet. I'd never worried about my weight before until over the summer, when I noticed myself looking a bit chunkier. I bought a scale in July, weighed in at 169 lb, and watched myself go to 176 by September. That's when I stopped eating breakfast at McDonalds, and got rid of a few carb-heavy snacks at home. Later on I cut way back on sugary drinks, which started with replacing juice with tea at home. I was also careful about portions during holiday meals.

I'm 166 now. I still drink a lot of wine, and barely exercise, so it's not the strictest of weight loss programs, but it's working.

Last edited:
:lol: umf weigh in time!

I got so stressed with work that I went from 114 lbs to 98 lbs. it doesn't really show but all my clothes fit super baggy. I honestly don't give a shit about weight I just want to be healthy and strong. Pretty simple enough to keep.

Just found out I don't have to work tomorrow. Any day I don't have to deal with the half wit foreigners my company loves to hire and makes me babysit is a fucking victory.

Listening to Mercyful Fate and drinking a beer.

Oh and I guess my grandfather died today. Don't see myself going to his funeral. My pap on my mothers side died around ten years ago and that hurt bad. He was my friend and the absolute pillar of my family. He taught me to fish, how to use power tools... how to hold everyone together when things were about to fall apart. My grandfather on my dad's side was an abusive drunk that turned into a reclus3 after my grandmother finally kicked him out.

Last edited:
:lol: umf weigh in time!

I got so stressed with work that I went from 114 lbs to 98 lbs. it doesn't really show but all my clothes fit super baggy. I honestly don't give a shit about weight I just want to be healthy and strong. Pretty simple enough to keep.

That can't be good for the booty.