The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

If I recall, you were one of the people here making out like Hacksaw Ridge was some overwhelming piece of Christian propaganda though right? You might just be a little sensitive to religion or something.

literally the most pro-christian movie i've seen in the past decade if not more. the first half hour was so overbearing it was ridiculous.

that he's opposed to Bill C-16 which makes not using people's preferred pronouns (which includes all the made up ones such as ze, zir etc) a form of hate speech.

yes and that bill was ridiculous. but forcing someone legally to say things is very different than me asking you to call me Xena. and his idea against it was douchey and ridiculous, Peterson as a person isn't going to stop this leftist gender word movement but he may effectively help stop legal and political action as a recourse. The fact that he cannot grasp these two separate aspects makes me wonder why anyone should listen to him.

Claiming he's just being a douche for douche's sake is a ridiculously weak argument and you should go and think about this a little more, no offense.

nah, it's what he did. acting like a child when conversing with 18-22 year olds. great look for an old educated man.

he also values language in a specific way that these demands don't fit within

this is literally his point, "if it's not my way it's the highway" is ridiculous and immature, which was demonstrated in that video

Also I can already tell you have too much of a negative perception of him for this to be productive, as I can go into great detail about his position on many things, I've watched hours and hours of his lectures, but doing that and receiving responses like "he's an immature old man why should anyone listen to him" and so on will just be a massive waste of time and effort and I don't honestly respect your views enough to risk it.

Especially as I don't think I've ever seen you concede a point and shift your own position on something since I've been here.

Reactions: Dak
Just woke up. About to do some work. Within the next two weeks I should be fully back here. Finishing up my edTPA which is due May 11th and then I'm free from that mess.

I need to look into travel opportunites for the summer.

Decided to call off work today and get my life back on track. So much shit needs caught up when you have no chance for anything.

Entered a contest on Facebook to win free tickets to see Devin Townsend on 5/14 and I got an email today saying I won a pair of tickets in the contest. The hilarious part is that I am seeing him play on 5/13 anyway because he is opening for Opeth/Gojira hahaha

Reactions: Dak
I woulda thought he was bigger than Gojira.

Can't remember if I've seen any of his various non-SYL bands but I saw SYL about 10 years ago at a festival and they were fucking great. Don't really listen to any of the others but Alien is such a good album.