The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

hey man do you ever get any T spikes? If so, how long do they usually last for? This shit is driving me crazy. I hope it goes down to where it was before at least.

Hours, days. I once had a terrible spike that lasted weeks and I was afraid it was gonna be like this forever and I'd have to kill myself. But it did subside. One thing I've learned about tinnitus is that it gets better the less you stress out about it. When it gets unbearable just put on some white noise/rain sounds or similar and try not to think about it.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
yea for sure, the less stressing is the best advice you can give someone who has tinnitus. But it was so hard for me to initially habituate to, and now this.I can hear this over almost anything i do, so im not sure if white noise will mask it. Its the first thing i hear/think of when i open my eyes in the mornings :(

ive had temporary spikes that lasted for a minutes/seconds, but everyone gets those. even people without T. But im going on day five today and its not getting any better. I was thinking about going to see another ENT doc but the last two i saw were absolutely useless and a big waste of money imo. I got better information from the web then i did from their dumb asses.

Im also trying to figure out what caused the spike. Been going through some shit and had a few very stressful days as of late. And i know stress has a lot do with it. Also, the day that it hit me i was working under the sun all day and was drenched in used motor oil. which is about as dirty as dirty chemicals can get

I've never had tinnitus for more than a few hours (yay listening to dad's advice about loud music), but given the psychological trauma I assume to be involved with a more severe case, I'd assume therapy/counseling with a psychologist to be especially valuable.

Just went to buy a bottle of vodka to facilitate tomorrow's 7:30am train for 9am band practice (yep, whaddafuk?) drinking. Gave it to the guy in the shop to remove the safety tag and he did a little robot dance and threw it at the ground by my right foot.

Was probably gonna wear the same shoes tomorrow so I guess if I'm gonna stink of vodka I should get hammered anyway.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
I did not get the gig for that band. However, they were all impressed with the fact that I've been playing for so few years and that I've never played live given how well I played.

Gives me validation of my skills and that I don't think I'm fucking awful.

Reactions: Dak