The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I am so incredibly thankful for the drama. Some of us are boring domestics, god bless these martyrs, every one. Great lunch break reads. I don't get enough time with my girlfriend's these days, solid substitute.
I think you've hit upon something important here: martyrdom.

It's quite possible that the survival of GMD depends upon the suffering of insecure weirdos who come here to be the center of attention, to dominate as many threads as they can, to invite drama and inevitably become victim to it.

Lao Tzu once said, "The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." It is precisely these brightly burning flames which are the lifeblood of this place - the lambs upon our sacrificial altar.

Those who blame trolls like Omni for driving them out are missing the bigger picture. It is likely the demise of our beloved martyrs is inevitable, and simply a matter of time. If Omni is to blame for anything, perhaps it is for being too blunt an instrument in this grand scheme.

I'm willing to forgive her that. Let her refine her skills here over time, and learn to draw the blood more gradually. Let the victim have respite from the feeding now and then, to regain their strength, before the fangs once again break the skin of their neck. This is the path to our salvation.

Hail Satan.

It's quite possible that the survival of GMD depends upon the suffering of insecure weirdos who come here to be the center of attention, to dominate as many threads as they can, to invite drama and inevitably become victim to it.

Lao Tzu once said, "The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." It is precisely these brightly burning flames which are the lifeblood of this place - the lambs upon our sacrificial altar.

Those who blame trolls like Omni for driving them out are missing the bigger picture. It is likely the demise of our beloved martyrs is inevitable, and simply a matter of time. If Omni is to blame for anything, perhaps it is for being too blunt an instrument in this grand scheme.

I'm willing to forgive her that. Let her refine her skills here over time, and learn to draw the blood more gradually. Let the victim have respite from the feeding now and then, to regain their strength, before the fangs once again break the skin of their neck. This is the path to our salvation.

Hail Satan.

I remember times when women signed up to the forum, posted their picture in their tenth post, were called attention whores and left crying.

However, Satan the lord of hell wasn't pleased with such banal offerings, and also the gender equality wasn't strong with this one, so he sent his faithful disciple to the board, the online-succubus Omni, the creature that slowly sucks out the will to post from egoistic men.

And she has a file on YOU too, whoever's reading this.

BEWARE.

CIG just needs some lovin irl.

Sitting in Düsseldorf airport rehearsing some tourist Serbian while waiting for my flight to Belgrade to board. I've yet to have a flight in Germany take-off on time, so I'm hoping to get lucky this time.

Nah, I've been through both of the airports in Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, and Düsseldorf, and security checks have always been seamless. I was through security in 5 minutes this morning. They have similar rules, like you've gotta take toiletries and laptops out of your bag and pass through the naked body scanners (mandatory in the US at least since Trump), but you don't have to take your shoes off. Also, security here, unlike the TSA, tend to not look like the most disinterested, slack-jawed fucks the country has to offer.

Nah, I've been through both of the airports in Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, and Düsseldorf, and security checks have always been seamless. I was through security in 5 minutes this morning. They have similar rules, like you've gotta take toiletries and laptops out of your bag and pass through the naked body scanners (mandatory in the US at least since Trump), but you don't have to take your shoes off. Also, security here, unlike the TSA, tend to not look like the most disinterested, slack-jawed fucks the country has to offer.

I travelled through the Frankfurt monster airport and had no problems at all. The only problem I've ever had in airports was in Athens when I forgot liquid soap in my on-board bag, had to leave it there.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
I remember times when women signed up to the forum, posted their picture in their tenth post, were called attention whores and left crying.

However, Satan the lord of hell wasn't pleased with such banal offerings, and also the gender equality wasn't strong with this one, so he sent his faithful disciple to the board, the online-succubus Omni, the creature that slowly sucks out the will to post from egoistic men.

And she has a file on YOU too, whoever's reading this.

BEWARE.

Lol I posted pictures of myself. I was fucking 20 or something, of course I was attention hungry.

I wonder if she put them in my file.

Hail Satan.

This needs to be canonized. The veil has been lifted.

I was just going to stop replying to this particular topic for a while, but I was disgusted by the implication in certain posts that I actively sought attention from CIG or led him on. I just want to make sure that we're clear that I've frequently made criticisms of him in his private conversations with me and never really went out of my way to even be very friendly to him.

Then again, his preference for being belittled by women might have played into that dynamic in retrospect. He even posted a poorly edited meme of me dominating him on this site once.

Personally I don't care who posts here or who doesn't, but if someone's first reaction to being gently trolled is to accuse me of being in a deep state conspiracy against them, then I'll roll with it and continue trolling them.

Personally I don't care who posts here or who doesn't, but if someone's first reaction to being gently trolled is to accuse me of being in a deep state conspiracy against them, then I'll roll with it and continue trolling them.

I'm all for getting your kicks, but that's the issue with the board in its current state. A lot of people come on here to take jabs at each other instead of having constructive discussions about music. The main section is frequently a ghost town or is a big ball of violence when there is a glut of activity.

90% of that stuff revolved around TB and i think the board's been pretty mellow/constructive since he left tbh. aside from TB, CiG was probably the main proponent of the jabbing/'violence' (he admitted this a few times recently) as well as being the main proponent of constructive music discussion, so i'm not sure his leaving really changes that ratio too much. it's just gonna decrease post volume in general, which is a problem to be sure. i kinda doubt it's a terminal problem but i guess we'll see, unless he randomly comes back.

We need a main section revival. People need to stop circle jerking in the 'currently playing' threads and seek/reciprocate rekts.

Let's make it happen then.

For what it's worth - I tried to get him to stay. I said (as I had many times before) that he was an asset to the site, especially in the beginning when he wasn't as argumentative as he had become. I wish people would use ignore more often honestly, but their fear of "missing" something won't allow them to click that button.

TB also has great knowledge on music, opinion heavy, but knowledgeable. And has great taste in muscle cars :)

Anyways, their accounts are not wiped here, only set to ban/turned off - and I will gladly reopen if they ever come back around. It happens all the time which is why I rarely just "delete".

It's Friday.
The trails aren't rideable.
Need to put my old bike together and throw skinnier tires on it.
Pics hopefully on Saturday.
I need to clean my computer room. It's been a mess since we moved in 4 years ago.

Reactions: MetalAges
We need a main section revival. People need to stop circle jerking in the 'currently playing' threads and seek/reciprocate rekts.

I'm a big offender recently for mostly posting in those sorts of threads. I haven't been posting much lately. But I agree, there definitely needs to be more music discussion. Although when posters do try to post new threads a lot of the time all it leads to is people saying it's been done before years ago and then nothing comes from the thread.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal