The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I’m going to Berlin this summer bitches! First week ov August. If anyone has been and has any recommendations, I’d love to hear. I’m curating a list of shit to do and beers to drink. Food wise I’m kinda picky, I eat a shit load of veggies but will eat meat (chicken I eat often) sometimes. I love chicken and burgers; but I usually eat red meat like once a month. I wanna try some German dishes though, so I’ll just have a week of some terrible eating choices.

Also, I’d totally see Slayer just to say I’ve seen them.

The Vietnamese and Indian food is amazing in Berlin. I stayed near Alexanderplatz and was a good foodie region. Avoid german food unless it's from a Bakery! (Backerei)

I've never had Vietnamese food before. Coincidentally on a local radio station Friday they had $50 worth of gift cards for a pho restaurant for $20. Bought a pack just for the hell of it. Checking that out as soon as I have them in hand.

Went on a hike @ Cathedral State Park today. Interesting place but whipped my ass for sure. Old hemlock forest. Rocky, small, and kind of in disrepair. Charmingly quiet though.

The Vietnamese and Indian food is amazing in Berlin. I stayed near Alexanderplatz and was a good foodie region. Avoid german food unless it's from a Bakery! (Backerei)
Asian food sucks in Germany generally and German food rules, you are wronger than the wrongest wrongo that was ever wrong

What makes you say this?

i've never seen or had a german dish that blew my mind. always open for suggestions but ive eaten german food all over the U.S. and there and never was blown away. cabbage being one of the center points of your foods culture is a let down as it is, but at least the koreans bounced back with the best BBQ on the planet

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Cabbage is generally disgusting, though kimchi has grown on me thanks to the other ingredients.

I eat a dish with noodles, tofu and kimchi pretty regularly on work lunches. Never would've predicted that for myself.

I'd cut like 2 cities out of that list man you're too busy. Amsterdam, Berlin and Krakow would be best imo.

Krakow is a perfect hub and City for the Traveller and I won't ruin it for you with suggestions. Hope you find good people and good times like I did, the brews and food are dirt cheap.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Going to Budapest, Krakow, Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam in 9 days. Need recommendations for food, brews and activities if y'all don't mind!

That's a lot of cities. You could spend nine days in only one of Prague, Pest, or Berlin and be fine tbh. Amsterdam too if you were a weed smoker.

Watching my new TV. Anyone here have a Sceptre TV who can tell me in the stand is supposed to let the TV move around?

i've never seen or had a german dish that blew my mind. always open for suggestions but ive eaten german food all over the U.S. and there and never was blown away. cabbage being one of the center points of your foods culture is a let down as it is, but at least the koreans bounced back with the best BBQ on the planet
I loved German food when I was there. All the different sausages, Leberkäse, Schweinshaxn, Obatzder, bretzels and currywurst are all awesome.

Going to Budapest, Krakow, Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam in 9 days. Need recommendations for food, brews and activities if y'all don't mind!
Yeah as others said, that'll be too many cities for that amount of time. I'd go Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam out of those, but I dunno much about Krakow.

Reactions: Onder