The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Universal healthcare would work under the right circumstances but I have yet to read a good or rational solution to that problem of making it work.

I've waited 3 hours before because the doc would double or triple book appointments. After 2 times of that I found a new doctor.

Last edited:
inb4 Ozz says "Sozialized medicine, amirite?! derp"

Does the doctor smell like alcohol when you walk into the room?

No she just has too many patients. And this clinic is fancy and in Prague, there's like abstract paintings on the walls and shit, you can actually buy one if you want to. She normally does chirurgy in a hospital in western Czechia but on Thursdays she's here. Somehow renowned doctors have crowds of patients waiting to get to them and then patients have to wait. Admittedly, they should fucking make some system in accepting patients instead of telling everyone to come at 13:00.

Somehow I've learned over the years that if you have my diagnosis, you just have to spend a lot of time in the waiting room.

Everything else goes fast. Not this.

I remember coming to that very hospital she works in and they deal with a lot of different shit, not just with what I have, and as they always switch the rooms and stuff, I asked at the reception, where to I find her that I have an appointment. And the receptionist said go to the left here and walk the hall until you see a big crowd waiting and that's it. I was like ok I get it.

I'm in this fancy clinic waiting for a doctor's check. I've been in the waiting room for 4 hours already. I'm kinda used to this in here but if it closes on 5 hours then that's a record and I might snap and just go home.

4 hours for a checkup? Wtf. I don't see the point in getting a checkup in the first place, I have no idea why you would wait 4 hours.

I'm in this fancy clinic waiting for a doctor's check. I've been in the waiting room for 4 hours already. I'm kinda used to this in here but if it closes on 5 hours then that's a record and I might snap and just go home.
That’s nuts for an actual appointment. I waited in emergency for four hours a couple of days ago to get my new eye checked out because I thought there was some wrong but that’s to be expected.