The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

It's funny how you guys say talos was working his way into hbb's good graces. Noticed it a while ago in the ass kicking album's thread.

Posted this in "albums kicking your ass" thread
3093.jpg

latest

Tapping the Vein has always been a wonderful album to come back to. The fact that Sodom were an older band that managed to tap into the same kind of sound that Demolition Hammer, Morbid Saint and Pestilence were doing while managing to retain their own identity in the process is what makes it great. Not to mention the riffs. THE GODDAMN RIFFS.

Then after hbb voiced his displeasure with Sodom and Tapping the Vein in particular.....he posted this about the album a month later

I think it's decent but in terms of composition and riffs, it's definitely a limp noodle. Especially where bands like Protector and Holy Moses are concerned.

I don't really care either way about the drama or alts or whatever (but seriously what a fucking loser :tickled:), but thought it was odd he would flip flop on an album like that in such a short amount of time. Couldn't believe he was trying so hard to be buds with hbb. But whatever, thought the guy was a tool after that and never really paid attention to anything he wrote/said after.

I'm 99% sure that he was following all of my track-ratings posted on RateYourMusic as well, because we seemed to agree even on a track-by-track basis. For example he specifically called out The End of Dormancy off the new Voivod as a crap song with non-riffs or something, and while I had given it a 1.5/5 on RYM I don't think I ever brought it up on this forum. Even though there are other people on the forum that I had shared tech-prog/thrash interest in, he consistently seemed to mirror even some of my more cult favorites. For example, in mentioning the Spectral Incursion EP he posted

Practically combines elements of Energetic Disassembly and Black Death by Brocas Helm into one EP with some dashes of Voivod. As good as I remember it being when I heard the a track from it several years ago.

And in my brief review of it posted on RYM several years ago I wrote

I'm not actually sure who to compare them to for an easy idea. A lot of the riffs avoid thrash-chugging and instead have a very active almost neo-classical/shred bent to them, but with a lot of syncopated disjointery, sort of like early Coroner or Brocas Helm played with the mindset of Watchtower's Meltdown.

I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because he apparently posted a photo of himself a couple years back (I never saw it though and didn't really care) when the Omni accusations were first levied and he never made any effort of talking to me personally through PM or anything. Figured that if he's a real person that I happened to have influence over, then I'm happy to spread the good word, but lol. If Omni thinks he can catfish me by just agreeing with me he doesn't know me very well.

i've been thinking it was pretty fucking weird for a while, you're way too much of a unique snowflake to ever find a legitimate soulmate (sorry man :(), plus let's not forget omni was notorious for doing the exact same thing to dodens back in the day, to the point of following him around backing him up in tons of threads.

demiurge also used to do this with falconsbane in the very early days of their posting here/elsewhere, and i mention this because demiurge is the person most reminiscent of omni in terms of posting style that i can remember, and he was also an admitted sociopath who got caught being inconsistent about personal details a few times. demiurge definitely wasn't omni but probably had the same... disorder, let's say.

TB's next task is to find a picture of the guy in the talos pic on one of omni's secret accounts.