The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

back from the ER. Pleurisy sucks. I hate not being able to turn a certain way where it feels like I'm being stabbed or can't breathe.
there was a "medical problems" thread that somehow disappeared
i guess we could just bitch about our medical problems in the whining and bitching thread

I feel uncharacteristically amazing today. Stayed up late yesterday working on my indie game, woke up at 5, got to school at 7, studied until 12, broke fast with a light salad, project work from 13-16, went home, saw that it was raining, went for a long-ass run in the rain, felt fucking indefatigable in the mud, cooked a delicious chili pot instead of rewarding myself with expensive and unhealthy takeout, had a nice talk with a girl I like, and arg hasn't submitted a song for the new mixtape yet. Everything's going my way!

I love rain. As soon as it starts raining all these fucking city people sprout umbrellas. What the hell is wrong with them? Ruins the whole point of rain.

Last edited:
i've always been the same, i used to run around in the rain when i was a kid and everyone else would be couped up inside. actually, part of why i like it is that it makes everyone else fuck off. and yeah i've never used an umbrella in my life, although i will say i do quite like being in the rain in a raincoat with the hood up, something very satisfying about the noise it makes.

dreary british drizzle can be kind of gross though.

i finally got COVID and after powering through at work for a few days i called in today. figured fuck it, everyone else and their dog has missed days for it, and it has been fairly unpleasant tbf.

Reactions: CiG
I finally got that shit too, about three weeks ago. I didn't get any symptoms really. But I was proud of dodging it for all this time :lol:

I'm trying to establish a more effective routine to utilize my time during the day. I'm getting to crunch time to finish my dissertation and graduate in the Spring. I feel like I've been in this weird bizarro limbo a lot of the time since I finished coursework, exams, etc. a couple years ago and was turned loose to write. Being completely self-directed with little oversight has been great and awful at the same time. It's difficult to stay motivated and keep any kind of routine but it's also been a blessing to be around my family all the time and be doing literally whatever while still being OK financially. I'm really at the point though that I want out of this phase and back into a career with a normal schedule and real pay. So, even though I'm a night owl, I'm trying to get up a bit earlier and do my work in the morning, spend some actively engaged time with the kids, go the gym/run errands, and have the evening to relax and do whatever. I've become very committed to achieving my goals and making progress every day. I have to be for my own mental health and to get to the payoff for going through this weird limbo for so long.

Reactions: dvzk-cece
Getting really into swords lately. Big fan of curved swords in general, but having a particular fondness for the Middle Eastern to Central Asian type curved swords. Shamshirs and other scimitar type weapons, etc.

Shotels in particular are really cool, albeit originating from Ethiopia instead of the Middle East/Central Asia. Really unique design with a really cool function for combat.

I find it pretty funny how the class of curved swords literally just translates to "sword" in their native origin lmao.

Reactions: MasterpieceMesias
Getting really into swords lately. Big fan of curved swords in general, but having a particular fondness for the Middle Eastern to Central Asian type curved swords. Shamshirs and other scimitar type weapons, etc.

Shotels in particular are really cool, albeit originating from Ethiopia instead of the Middle East/Central Asia. Really unique design with a really cool function for combat.

I find it pretty funny how the class of curved swords literally just translates to "sword" in their native origin lmao.
I pity the person who's stupid enough to break into your home.

Although I suspect you'd end up getting killed taking too much time to decide which sword to gut the intruder wtih hahaha

Reactions: dvzk-cece
Anyway, next year my partners and I are going to be moving from the south and to the north west, particularly looking in Oregon. I'm excited to leave the conservative bible belt south.