The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Anyhoo...
just got back from taking the SAT. I feel like a dumbfuck for wasting my time with all those practice tests. The thing was a joke. I had ample time to answer every question and check over my answers repeatedly. There were maybe 3 math questions that took me more than 30 seconds, and none that took more than a minute and a half. There were maybe 5 reading questions that took longer than it took to read the question, mostly because all the choices sucked.

You have enough time to do the essay? That fucked me over, somewhat.

Anyhoo...
just got back from taking the SAT. I feel like a dumbfuck for wasting my time with all those practice tests. The thing was a joke. I had ample time to answer every question and check over my answers repeatedly. There were maybe 3 math questions that took me more than 30 seconds, and none that took more than a minute and a half. There were maybe 5 reading questions that took longer than it took to read the question, mostly because all the choices sucked.

Yep, SAT was pathetic, I didn't study at all.

Watching old 24 episodes with my mother, waiting for my father to get home so we can eat some traditional Polish bigos (sausage & sauerkraut stew) and pierogi (that's the plural, fyi) stuffed with potatoes, mushrooms and sour cream.

Just had my authentic Polish meal with a couple glasses of Merlot. About to start watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy with my parents.

You have enough time to do the essay? That fucked me over, somewhat.

Yes. But you do realize that colleges don't consider the writing section, yes?

Listening to some Spawn of Possession on myspace. More or less digging it, but not blown away. The constantly shifting nature of the music combined with it's inherent abrasiveness is a little off-putting. Gonna try some of the other bands mentioned in the Tech death thread.

Yeah I'm glad that colleges don't care for the essay, because I couldn't finish it when I took it. They gave me a half hour to write it and I was overambitious.

I got 25 mins. Having done 6 of them really helped.
It was odd - the prompt definitely made me think they were looking for a condemnation of communism.

Yeah...
SAT is pretty much bullshit. It measures your ability to complete 20 basic problems (2X = 4. What is X?) in 25 minutes, plus a couple random stupid questions that fuck you up just enough to trash your score.

Yeah that was the math for me. Pretty basic stuff but enough useless hard shit to bring down my score. The English was a piece of cake, though.

What did you think of the MCAS? Rather mindless, imo, but I can see why it's a problem for students of inferior intelligence.

MCAS?
I kicked ass on it enough to get John Hopkins to ask me to take another test (WTF?), which I took. Last I heard from them...
Apparently I bombed the essay for 10th grade MCAS...passed it fine, though, so it doesn't matter...
My friend wrote his essay about Drizzt Do'Urden. I told him he was a moron, but apparently he passed, so w/e.

Anyhow, the whole thing is really boring and forces teachers to waste time preparing students to take it.

Besides this show AMC is a shitty channel. I think this is their first original program. I did watch a Death Wish marathon on it one day. That was kind of surreal after 6 hours.

Mad Men looks like it could be good, I haven't downloaded any of it yet though.