The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I came across the signs and symptoms of being overstressed. Not only do I have every symptom present, but I also can't recall a time when I didn't have every symptom present in the past five years. This is really fucking bad. The last time I had a haircut I was told I already have a couple gray hairs (though the link to stress is still debatable).

# Regularly walking, eating or working in a rushed way.
# Regularly thinking and worrying about the past or future.
# Frequent tension in the body (esp. neck, face, shoulders, back and chest, and stomach) which often goes unnoticed until one slows down, breaths deep and carefully surveys the body.
# Feeling of the "weight of the world" on your shoulders.
# Emotionally "on edge."
# Regular tiredness during the day.
# Significant need for outside stimulation to feel good (coffee, sweeteners, food, sex, TV, alcohol, money, accomplishments, etc.)

I was looking these up because I've been considering quitting one of my jobs and taking a week off from the world. I honestly don't think I've ever had a vacation from both work and school simultaneously, and I haven't been on a true vacation since elementary school (I'm 21).

I think most people experience most of those symptoms to varying degrees. It's not a question of if you have those symptoms, it's how severe.

I think most people experience most of those symptoms to varying degrees. It's not a question of if you have those symptoms, it's how severe.

I'll agree with that. Still, without delving too far into this, I feel very confident in saying that I experience all of these symptoms to a high degree.

Listening to some Lord Belial, and maybe going to study the Economics test for Thursday, it is fucking difficult, it is about different economical systems in the world, like Liberal, Neo-liberal...

I would get to sleep in until 12:30 tonight, but I have to get up early to go to a mechanic because some dumb bitch drove by and broke my left mirror off while I was parked on the street a while back. At least it was reported, and I don't have to pay for it myself.

I avoid stress by taking naps, usually one or two a day. That way if I get a little less sleep than usual, it's not a disaster. I have a cup of coffee every morning but that's more to jump-start my metabolism because it's effect on my alertness is minimal. But listening to music I find to be the best stress reliever.

not caring takes away my stress. this gets me in trouble some times, but then again i don't care so it never bothers me. when i did care, i was always stressed. couldnt sleep cause i was thinking about what i had to do tomorrow or thinking about things i was supposed to do but forgot. then i would think maybe i did do it and forgot. then i would have to triple check and work myself into a frenzy. thats no way to live.

Listening to music. I really hate being waiter and it's really not hard just working in a big fansy restaurant/hotel there is a lot to do and am really sick of it. My boss is really strict and I wanted to get fired so did not show up for 3 days straight and did not even kiss ass not getting fired and my boss had to call me.:zombie:. I really did not feel liking going in yesterday and did anyways.