The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Orpheum on May 20th. Tickets are $40. With Dream Theater co-headlining, support is 3 (good) and Between The Buried And Me (because there must be one quasi-metalcore band at every show in Massachusetts).

Just got tickets to the Opeth/Dream Theater show and the Behemoth/Dimmu show. Feeling very metal. Tomorrow my friend will snag a couple presale pit tickets to Iron Maiden's Golden Years tour, which I will see on the day school ends. Best. Concert. Season. Ever.

High five...the day after classes officially end (I'll likely get out sooner though) I'm heading down to Maryland with Cookiecutter and my friend Dan for some MARYLAND DEATHFEST! Schoolyear-end metal ftw!

Nice. I need to go to some big fests like that...of course, I don't have all that much independence - still in high school, no car, no job, live with my parents, etc. But one of these days...

They're very talented at making all sorts of noises with their instruments. Unfortunately, it seems they have chosen to make annoying ones.

Nice. I need to go to some big fests like that...of course, I don't have all that much independence - still in high school, no car, no job, live with my parents, etc. But one of these days...

I hardly have much of a job (too busy with school etc.), I don't own a car, and I still live at home (with my parents to boot). :p I guess just give it a few years.

That's me and I went to Atlanta by myself, grow a pair and save some money and go to one. Especially if your actually close to a good metal fest.

Come with Nick and I to New England Deathfest this August :p It is like the first or second week, in Providence. Mainly brutal bands though.

I hardly have much of a job (too busy with school etc.), I don't own a car, and I still live at home (with my parents to boot). :p I guess just give it a few years.
Yeah, but you're in college and stuff. As in, your parents don't give a shit if you go off on a road trip to Maryland over the summer. Mine would flip if I even mentioned the idea.

That's me and I went to Atlanta by myself, grow a pair and save some money and go to one. Especially if your actually close to a good metal fest.
It's not so much a matter of growing a pair as a desire to continue to be fed...
That said, my friends and I have considered the possibilities of a trip to ProgPower together. Probably not, though...
Come with Nick and I to New England Deathfest this August :p It is like the first or second week, in Providence. Mainly brutal bands though.
I would love too, but even if I could, I can't afford it. Tickets alone are already straining my budget and I want to be able to get shirts and stuff at the shows I'm going to.

I'm having second thoughts on attending this year's New England Metalfest. First of all, I saw Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir last Spring, and this time Behemoth is not doing direct support to the headling Dimmu. It would be nice to hear the new Behemoth songs live but besides that it will be just like last year, only with a shorter Behemoth set.
Secondly, Keep of Kalessin will be playing in the early afternoon, and their set will probably be three or four songs (probably all off of Armada), so it's not worth getting there at 1 PM only to sit through 8 hours of excrement before Behemoth's set.
Thirdly, the price makes committing to the above not worth it.

Free of that commitment, seeing Opeth at the Orpheum would be nice.

You might wanna snag tickets quick, it'll sell out soon. But remember that the NE Metalfest is more than Dimmu, Behemoth, and Keep of Kalessin. There's also (dunno if you like any of these, but they're all pretty good imo) Vital Remains (you should like them), Shadows Fall, Hates Eternal, Municipal Waste, Overkill, and so on...

Yeah, but you're in college and stuff. As in, your parents don't give a shit if you go off on a road trip to Maryland over the summer. Mine would flip if I even mentioned the idea.

My mom actually did almost prevent me from going...since I live here, I follow their rules or I pay to live in a dorm. But I convinced her. Because I am awesome :cool:

My mom, I have to spend an hour convincing her to let me take the greyhound down to Worcester with a friend and get picked up at 11:30.

Yeah I've been through a lot of shit with travel/my parents :p. Should have heard my mom when I told her I met a girl online from Maine who I want to go stay with for a week when I first was talking to her two years ago. She probably shat herself. Epic.

You might wanna snag tickets quick, it'll sell out soon. But remember that the NE Metalfest is more than Dimmu, Behemoth, and Keep of Kalessin. There's also (dunno if you like any of these, but they're all pretty good imo) Vital Remains (you should like them), Shadows Fall, Hates Eternal, Municipal Waste, Overkill, and so on...

I'll make my decision tomorrow after I confer with some people. Or is it that urgent that I need to grab these tonight?

And that list of other bands isn't helping your case to make me go.

My mom, I have to spend an hour convincing her to let me take the greyhound down to Worcester with a friend and get picked up at 11:30.

My father lets me drive his car out to Worcester anytime there's a concert there.

Yeah I've been through a lot of shit with travel/my parents :p. Should have heard my mom when I told her I met a girl online from Maine who I want to go stay with for a week when I first was talking to her two years ago. She probably shat herself. Epic.

Try convincing them that you want to go out drinking in Poland with someone you met over the internet. Worked with my folks.

I'll make my decision tomorrow after I confer with some people. Or is it that urgent that I need to grab these tonight?
Dunno how close they are to selling out. I think you'd be fine if you bought tomorrow.
And that list of other bands isn't helping your case to make me go.
Sorry. If you don't wanna go, don't go. If you wanna go, go. All I know is that I'm sure as fuck going.

My father lets me drive his car out to Worcester anytime there's a concert there.
My parents wouldn't let me in their car if...I dunno. No really dramatic example comes to mind.
Anyways, they wouldn't, even though I'm very careful with shit. My mom is extremely easily influenced by statistics and anecdotes. If she hears about a teenage driver in an accident, she becomes convinced I'll die the moment I get behind the wheel. Also, don't have a license.

Try convincing them that you want to go out drinking in Poland with someone you met over the internet. Worked with my folks.
They'd love that.