The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Wow, this was random as fuck... I was listening to the news on NPR, and they played this short acoustic guitar clip, probably no longer than 15 seconds, and I recognised one of the riffs from Metallica's "Orion". So I did some Wikipedia research, and found out that some random-ass Mexican guitar duo named Rodrigo y Gabriela did a cover of the song on their latest album.

Now downloading the album so I can hear the song in full. The torrent was actually extremely well-seeded - apparently the group is really popular in some unfathomable section of the music world I'm not aware of.

Second random thing I learned through listening to NPR today: my favorite song by Yngwie Malmsteen ("Icarus' Dream Suite") was actually a cover of a classical song. What a let-down.

Now listening to the album Charles Manson recorded the year before the murders he and his followers committed. I feel kvlt.

It's 2am and I have nothing better to do.

According to my Creative Zen (at this very moment), the most amount of bands I've got on there per genre is symphonic black metal with 28...As for the usage of "Electronic", I haven't fixed the mp3 tags into subgenres yet so it's all very general. My zen is only 30GB btw.

Bands per genre:
28 Black Metal; Symphonic
25 Electronic (includes EBM, Aggrotech, Club, etc)
18 Black Metal (for everything just straight black metal)
13 Black Metal; Gothic
other genres/sub-genres...

Nothing. I quit my waiter job a few days ago and feel really good. I have this urge to work on a rance again in silence cut off from society and nice weather is coming for outdoor work.

Just set up a couple job interviews for next Saturday. One at a seafood market in Wiscasset and the other at a marina in Brunswick. Wish me luck, because I'm missing 6 hours of work at the dining hall to get down to the midcoast. On the plus side, as of Saturday I will have my father's car (Ford Escape) for the rest of the semester till the first week of May. Sweeeet.

Second random thing I learned through listening to NPR today: my favorite song by Yngwie Malmsteen ("Icarus' Dream Suite") was actually a cover of a classical song. What a let-down.

:lol: you didn't know that? the intro is Albinoni's Adagio

Nah, never really looked into it, and I hadn't heard the original piece before. It kinda fits in with the rest of the album stylistically anyway.

Nah, never really looked into it, and I hadn't heard the original piece before. It kinda fits in with the rest of the album stylistically anyway.

its one of the most popular baroque compositions... you can find it on just about any baroque compilation... check it out yo!