The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Ok. Yeah when it's done post it. I just did a project on Dante. Thinking about trying to read the Divine Comedy sometime.

I never utilized the Writing Center until my senior year of college. Even then, none of the people there knew anything about technical writing (or business writing), which made it a waste of time

Going to the Writing Center at least once was a requirement for my MultiCultural class. So I took my vengeance by using it for a History paper rather than the paper I had to write for MultiCultural.

But even then, the tutor there didn't find much wrong with my writing. She thought I was an English major.

Do post this, it'll be a good read I think.

I'm a page into it out of a goal of 7 to 10. But it's not due till Friday.

I'll be writing another paper of similar length over the weekend, for Roman Philosophy. That one will be about the first book of the Aeneid through the lens of Stoic philosophy.

Ok. Yeah when it's done post it. I just did a project on Dante. Thinking about trying to read the Divine Comedy sometime.

The Inferno is a quick read, partly because it's so engagingly kickass. The Purgatorio will take longer but you're still riding the momentum from the first canticle. By the time you get to the Paradiso, you've run out of steam and it takes forever to get through it.

Yeah, it was like that when I was doing my Powerpoint. By the time I got to Paradiso I just wanted to finish it. Because everyone knows, Hell is so much more cooler to read about than Heaven.

My teacher's comment on my history paper: "Very good despite the inexplicable, persistent refusal to cite the ancient sources directly or properly." :lol: The thing is that I took all of my ancient sources from the course-assigned compendium of ancient sources, and he made a comment in class of utilizing the assigned material, so I figured that he wanted us to cite the ancient sources through that rather than through their proper form. Whatever, I still got an A.

My teacher's comment on my history paper: "Very good despite the inexplicable, persistent refusal to cite the ancient sources directly or properly." :lol: The thing is that I took all of my ancient sources from the course-assigned compendium of ancient sources, and he made a comment in class of utilizing the assigned material, so I figured that he wanted us to cite the ancient sources through that rather than through their proper form. Whatever, I still got an A.
Did they make you do citations Chicago style? I think pretty much every major style has methods of citing primary sources from textbooks and stuff.

Jag känner en bott, hon heter Anna, Anna heter hon
Och hon kan banna, banna dig så hårt
Hon röjer upp I våran kanal
Jag vill berätta för dig, att jag känner en bott

Did they make you do citations Chicago style? I think pretty much every major style has methods of citing primary sources from textbooks and stuff.

I've always used MLA citations. I don't think the citations in themselves were wrong, I think he just wanted me to cite, for example, Plutarch from Plutarch's Cleomenes, and not from Michel Austin's The Hellenistic World from Alexander to the Roman Conquest.

I emailed my Roman History prof and he's indifferent to citational orthodoxy, which is good since I just printed out my paper and will be handing it in in less than an hour.

Most history professors prefer you to use the Chicago style, I've found at my university.

Anyhoo, I'm off to take my History of the Soviet Union exam. It's going to be tough.

I am listening to Manilla Road and drinking low quality beer. Feeling grand. Also, excited about possibility to buy Anthems to the Welkin 1st press green vynil for few bucks. I'll buy that when I have some money.