The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm currently listening to While Heaven Wept on myspace- first song just ended, actually- and I'm a little confused as to how this is classified as doom. Aside from being down-tempo it's not very... doomy. Maybe it was just that one song, but the second one isn't sounding a whole lot doomier.

Ok so that wasn't quite was I was looking for. I've moved onto Mirror Of Deception. This is more like it.

Ya I agree while heaven wept does have the doom instruments going on, but singer sounds like a reject from the 80's glam scene. Not the kind of doom I'm looking for.

I'm currently listening to While Heaven Wept on myspace- first song just ended, actually- and I'm a little confused as to how this is classified as doom. Aside from being down-tempo it's not very... doomy. Maybe it was just that one song, but the second one isn't sounding a whole lot doomier.

There are a ton of bands that walk the line between doom and outright heavy metal. People seem to classify these bands on whichever side they feel like.