The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Pretty sure control arm bushings fail in all cars after X miles.

As far as maintenance costs being higher on German cars: Yeah. I read a description once of the difference between European and American Engineering that went like this: Europeans make it so that it doesn't break, but if it does it's a pita to fix. Americans make it easy to fix because they know it will break.

I have a step-relative that does quite nicely in a midsized town operating an independent import mechanic shop and undercutting the dealership's outrageous charges.

You have no frame of reference. That particular series of BMWs is known for being unreliable and prone for tons of failure points. I had to replace the coolant expansion tank twice as well as the water pump and tstat (common failure point on the E46). Both sets of control arm bushings failed, the radiator needed replacing, etc.

Not to mention maintenance costs on that thing were 40% more than the average vehicle.

Oh well, at least it handled nicely.

My advice to anyone here is to not buy a BMW unless you either make at least 100,000 dollars a year or you are confident enough to work on cars yourself. Otherwise, stay away.

Yikes. Well, if it keeps breaking all the time and the cost to fix it is ridiculous in that case "piece of shit" is a justified name for it. Advice taken.

You have no frame of reference. That particular series of BMWs is known for being unreliable and prone for tons of failure points. I had to replace the coolant expansion tank twice as well as the water pump and tstat (common failure point on the E46). Both sets of control arm bushings failed, the radiator needed replacing, etc.

Not to mention maintenance costs on that thing were 40% more than the average vehicle.

Oh well, at least it handled nicely.

My advice to anyone here is to not buy a BMW unless you either make at least 100,000 dollars a year or you are confident enough to work on cars yourself. Otherwise, stay away.

My buddy had a 3 series,(328i i think) and told me never to go for it as well, the problems + the cost isn't worth it. I am happy with my jetta so far, but diesel is fucking me every time I fill up.

My buddy had a 3 series,(328i i think) and told me never to go for it as well, the problems + the cost isn't worth it. I am happy with my jetta so far, but diesel is fucking me every time I fill up.

If I had to recommend a BMW to someone, it would be the 3 series. I would recommend they buy a new one though.

Speaking as someone who has experience working on pretty much every make and model I would consider Mike's BMW the exception not the rule. BMW, Honda, Toyota is where it's at imo. BMW being on the higher-end obviously. But I just love the way those cars are built.

I have a chicken wing hangover and I'm fighting a cold but going away to a cabin for the weekend with 10 people and 2 kegs. Feel like this little guy:

8241226061_35814f13fc_z.jpg

Just got a bit carried away chopping chillis for a curry, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOE5o_Hmytk]Nile[/ame] came on random and by the time the song finished those little red bastards were nothing but a fine paste. Job well done, I absentmindedly reach down for a celebratory scratch and OH GOD WHY THE FUCK DID I DO THAT FUCK it burns.

In about an hours time I will devour that curry with a vengeance, and never again shall revenge taste so good.

In the meantime, beer to try and distract me from the burning.

It always seems like some slut is cheating on their husbands/bf with you. Do you fuck anything besides trashy fat whores?

first
a woman being a trashy whore has nothing to do with whether or not she's "fat"

second
i like squishy girls and i also like trashy whores

third
and yeah, all the girls i'm with are fat thrashy whores

Just spent the last 54 min jacking to pix of London Andrews

Just googled her

Pretty face. Rest of her is all kinds of nope. Tits too big and saggy. Too much blubber. Arse like a beached whale. Utterly unsexy poses.

2/10 would probably still bang cos fuck this dry spell.

Curry was good. Revenge was taken. :hotjump: