The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

It was 50 F and rained in NY. Now it's gonna freeze and turn everything into black ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's a story for krig and krampy. On my way to rite aid to get medication for my stomach, I shit my pants driving. I just kinda sat there, turned the car around, drove home. Threw my pants and boxers in the washer. Attended to the unfinished business in my bowels. Put some clean clothes on, then went and got back in the car and tried again. All the time, killing machine playing in my car stereo.

Right now it is -15 degrees Fahrenheit with a windchill of -40. Supposedly it is as cold as the north pole and even colder than the south pole atm. Listening to some black metal to celebrate.

I had to drop $1350 on my car today for some regular maintenance (timing belt, waterpump, thermostat, oil change, some random belts, trans flush, and two Michelins), but my car drives and sounds better than it did when I bought it three years ago. At least tax refunds are coming up and I won't have the since of impending doom when I turn my car key in the morning. My commute to school is about ninety miles to and fro and I make it three times a week, so I'd be pretty screwed if my car crapped out on me.

While we're on the subject of tax refunds, I just wanna say that mine is gonna be ridiculous. I'm expecting a ~$4,000 American Opportunity Credit, and I claimed 0 on my W4 for a job that was right at the crux of a tax bracket, and was unemployed for 3 months of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to drop $1350 on my car today for some regular maintenance (timing belt, waterpump, thermostat, oil change, some random belts, trans flush, and two Michelins), but my car drives and sounds better than it did when I bought it three years ago. At least tax refunds are coming up and I won't have the since of impending doom when I turn my car key in the morning. My commute to school is about ninety miles to and fro and I make it three times a week, so I'd be pretty screwed if my car crapped out on me.

The funny thing is the tires probably did the most to make the drive feel better. It blows my mind when I see random relatively new cars on the side of the road. Tightwads or dumbasses who won't do the mandatory basic maintenance in most cases. It's expensive to procrastinate.

The funny thing is the tires probably did the most to make the drive feel better. It blows my mind when I see random relatively new cars on the side of the road. Tightwads or dumbasses who won't do the mandatory basic maintenance in most cases. It's expensive to procrastinate.

This.

I was just telling my co workers today that I have a 2004 scion with 150k miles and have had nothing break or fail BECAUSE ive done basic maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, fluid flushes etc.) exactly when they needed to be done, and never missed anything. Car still runs like a champ.

Exactly. I could procrastinate and then be forced to fork out four times what I spent today on a decent used car. Especially in rural areas, I don't understand how some can justify delaying proper car maintenance.

The tires that I had on it before weren't in too bad of condition. I probably could have gotten another 10,000 miles out of them, but they were cheapos. Riding on two pairs of Michelins makes a world of a difference. The first pair put on didn't need weights to balance them when they were installed and still don't now, 40,000 miles later. My car's tires are tiny too, so nice tires aren't outrageously expensive.

Right now it is -15 degrees Fahrenheit with a windchill of -40. Supposedly it is as cold as the north pole and even colder than the south pole atm. Listening to some black metal to celebrate.
Seriously!
It's fucking BRUTAL AS FUCK right now!
-9 feels like -30
The wind has died down though.
I was shoveling today and it was awful, wind was destroying my face.

Exactly. I could procrastinate and then be forced to fork out four times what I spent today on a decent used car. Especially in rural areas, I don't understand how some can justify delaying proper car maintenance.

The tires that I had on it before weren't in too bad of condition. I probably could have gotten another 10,000 miles out of them, but they were cheapos. Riding on two pairs of Michelins makes a world of a difference. The first pair put on didn't need weights to balance them when they were installed and still don't now, 40,000 miles later. My car's tires are tiny too, so nice tires aren't outrageously expensive.

I am pretty certain after my experience with other tires that I am sticking with Michelins from now on, cost be damned. You get what you pay for (and my truck tires are $300 apiece). I put 4 brand new Michelins on my superduperheavytruck close to 2 years ago now, and even with hauling stuff and whatnot, they look practically brand new and ride like new. Never got that with Goodyear, Kumho, etc.

-17 & -41 windchill, good lord

On top of that seem to be developing a bit of a fever, but nothing I can't deal with - especially with classes being canceled tomorrow giving me some good sleep in time