The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

This place even slower than when I left.

Carrion bird always returns though.

Did Ozz succumb to cheeseburgers?

Does Yoda still post? I bought a cd directly from that chud. For once he's in a decent band since they took the fuckin microphone from him.

https://wikitrivia.tomjwatson.com/

this game is super addictive. my record is 14 so far.

I got 16! Failures in red:

-8000: Cat
-1675: Phaistos Disc
-935: Ahab
-1: Simeon (Gospel of Luke)
601: Ali
1068: Warwick Castle
1086: Domesday Book
1330: Robert III of Scotland
1394: Gyeongbokgung
1611: The Winter's Tale
1626: Russian Navy
1764: HMS Endeavour
1822: First Mexican Empire
1865: Anne Shirley
1916: Michael Gough
1918: Weimar Republic
1973: Journey (band)
1978: Johnny Sins
2007: Google Street View
2020: Covid-19 Pandemic in Brazil

nice. although frankly i'd be disappointed in you if you weren't better at history than me, i'm pretty bad.

also i've got 14 about 6 times at this point so this is clearly my level :rofl:

edit - oh hey i got 15:
800 Elder Futhark
1035 Kingdom of Aragon
1040 Almoravid dynasty
1100 Order of Assassins
1192 Third Crusade (put it too early)
1566 James VI and I
1567 Samuel de Champlain
1766 Thomas Robert Malthus
1886 Triumph Motorcycles Ltd
1893 Mikhail Tukhachevsky (i had all these late 1800s ones already and put it slightly too late)
1895 London School of Economics
1896 Hoffmann-La Roche (the business ones always kill me)
1900 Heinrich Himmler
1902 Bolsheviks
1913 Anti-Defamation League
1945 North Vietnam
1989 Vendée Globe
2006 Wii
2010 24 (TV series)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegard Pompey
19!

552 First Turkic Khaganate
1162 Kingdom of Navarre
1207 Rumi
1575 Leiden University
1697 Nine Years' War
1772 Mersenne prime
1851 The Crystal Palace
1860 Jane Addams
1865 United States Secret Service (surprised it was this early tbh)
1880 Folsom State Prison
1890 Egon Schiele
1906 George Sanders
1915 Anthony Quinn (went for between schiele and sanders)
1950 Israeli–Palestinian conflict
1954 Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
1955 Bundeswehr
1958 French Fifth Republic
1959 Pac-12 Conference
1973 Heart (band)
1982 Sun Microsystems (went considerably earlier which was stupid in retrospect)
1990 Pooja Hegde
1993 Czech Republic
2015 Apple Watch

definitely got lucky here, the leiden university one had the date on the crest, the '50s ones were a crapshoot and the order they came up was pretty kind.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Since January 31st 2020 I've been pulled slightly back to the centre.

272899687_987635125185667_3827717599314556074_n.jpg 272904094_987635158518997_152201348792622179_n.jpg

Pretty weird because as I was doing the new test, I was feeling like I had answered way more leftward than I was expecting.

I'm not usually into these surveys, but I got curious tonight. Political Compass seems pretty sensibly designed.

chart.png

Reactions: CiG
Some of the questions are retarded, for example when it asks if a one-party system is more convenient. If you answer 'agree' it pushes you into the authoritarian section, because it assumes you support it. Really pretty awful framing.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Well, I hit "strong disagree" on that one even though I recognized that a one-party system has an advantage in quick decision-making. They do make it clear in the instructions that they're looking for gut answers. Apparently they address that question in their faq too:

Q: It’s true that a one party state has a significant advantage; even so I wouldn’t support it. So how can I respond?

A: From classical Greece onwards, discussion and, inevitably, argument, has been viewed by democrats as essential for considering all viewpoints and consequently reaching the best informed and most representative decision. For such people, the replacement of polemics with speedy dictates would definitely not be seen as any sort of “significant advantage” or “progress”.

Yeah I saw that, pretty dogshit justification I thought. There are so many assumptions baked into the idea that polemics are superior. It would be so much better if they just reframed the question.

The irony is my gut reaction is to answer impersonally, which would push me into authoritarian, but then I stop and think about it and end up answering in a way to purposely avoid that lmao.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
What do you folks think of meat substitutes like Impossible meat or Beyond meat?

I've started transitioning over to it as a healthier alternative. Still gets me all the protein I need as well, doesn't taste half bad, either.

Reactions: Sophii
What do you folks think of meat substitutes like Impossible meat or Beyond meat?

I've started transitioning over to it as a healthier alternative. Still gets me all the protein I need as well, doesn't taste half bad, either.

I personally prefer it more. Meat has recently made me feel like utter garbage eating it. Cass and I are switching our diets to a more pescatarian deal (since fish is a lighter type of meat and I can handle fish.)

I've found more favor in stuff like soy chorizo or tofu thats cooked to the texture of chicken that you would use for rice or salads.

Beyond beef burgers are really fucking good. I much prefer a black bean burger more than I do anything these days.

Also- try a cauliflower crust pizza. Its fucking DELICIOUS.

Reactions: MasterpieceMesias
I thought about switching to pescetarian except for the fact that I can't find any fish that I like other than salmon and fresh tuna (has to be fucking fresh). I know other weighlifters that live off that shit and I just can't do it. Other than that, whenever I eat anything that has beef in it at home, I just use meat substitutes these days. On the rare occasion that I go out, I guess I'll eat a steak or beef burger, but it isn't really a staple in my diet as much as it used to be.

I haven't tried cauliflower pizza yet, any recommendations?