The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I don't think that's a reasonable way to read "Metal is not for stupid people." I think that's over-analyzing it. Of course, I'm probably wrong.

I have some AWESOME fucking advice for everybody:

If you hate taking math and science courses and haven't in 4 years, DON'T take an astrophysics course, especially not an online astrophysics course.

Follow my advice and your life will suck less by a lot.

I don't even know what the fuck level it is, all I know is that I needed to take a natural science course to fulfill my gen ed reqs, and seeing as this is my last semester, I kind of had to take some kind of course. There were no pre-requisites for this course. It's supposed to be for non-majors. Yeah...physics should definitely be a pre-req. The fact that it's online makes it even more horrible, even though that was the reason I originally took it. Thought it would be convenient. Turns out the fucking "lectures" don't tell you fucking shit and you have to google everything yourself and basically teach yourself not only how to solve the problems, but what the fuck the problems are. Like they'll ask you to figure out the radius of a hydrogen atom at ground level...and that's about it. You're on your own to figure everything else out, and you have to show your work.

Edit: Yeah, it's a 100 level course.

Sounds like you got a shitty teacher. A class like that shouldn't be too hard if they actually give you the formulas and initial values you need to solve the problems.

Unless something scary is about to happen, you don't posses the pertinent information to make that call. My hair is thick as fuck and a pain in the ass. It doesn't look terribly good, either. On the other hand...I like it.
I'll definitely cut it eventually.

I think what he meant to say is that it's not the case that only stupid people listen to metal.

Pretty much my intention.

I don't think that's a reasonable way to read "Metal is not for stupid people." I think that's over-analyzing it. Of course, I'm probably wrong.

My plan is to cast metal in the light it deserves and discuss how it's just like most other genres of music whereby the most popular (and usually crap) bands are taken as representatives of the whole genre. I'm not trying to convert people, rather to dispel stereotypes.

I don't even know what the fuck level it is, all I know is that I needed to take a natural science course to fulfill my gen ed reqs, and seeing as this is my last semester, I kind of had to take some kind of course. There were no pre-requisites for this course. It's supposed to be for non-majors. Yeah...physics should definitely be a pre-req. The fact that it's online makes it even more horrible, even though that was the reason I originally took it. Thought it would be convenient. Turns out the fucking "lectures" don't tell you fucking shit and you have to google everything yourself and basically teach yourself not only how to solve the problems, but what the fuck the problems are. Like they'll ask you to figure out the radius of a hydrogen atom at ground level...and that's about it. You're on your own to figure everything else out, and you have to show your work.

Edit: Yeah, it's a 100 level course.

I'm taking Intro to Astronomy for a gen-ed now and there's hardly any math at all. I guess you let the appeal of the word "Astro" outshine the infernal torture associated with the word "Physics".

My plan is to cast metal in the light it deserves and discuss how it's just like most other genres of music whereby the most popular (and usually crap) bands are taken as representatives of the whole genre. I'm not trying to convert people, rather to dispel stereotypes.

My prediction is that people will either not understand, get creeped out, or come away with the impression that you're an elitist jerk with utter contempt for pop culture.

I'm taking Intro to Astronomy for a gen-ed now and there's hardly any math at all. I guess you let the appeal of the word "Astro" outshine the infernal torture associated with the word "Physics".

I did a "physics" course in my first semester called "Chaos, Communication and Consciousness".
The consciousness was taught shit, communication was boring, and the main point of chaos seemed to be that there is no chaos ONLY FRACTALS.
So yeah.
Easy exam though, open book :D

If I write it I won't be so reactive.

Just got a new iPod. Since I only use them for audiobooks now, I got a new nano (8 gb) for $150. A worthy investment.