Themed Mixtape Game Mk. 2

Alright, challenge_everything hosted the most recently out of the two of us so I'll take this one. If this theme is too difficult/boring for you, let me know and I'll think of something else.

The new theme is MUSICAL QUOTATIONS. Submitted songs should reference a piece of classical music, folk music or another pre-existing work of music. To make the theme easier, submissions where the artist references their own discography are allowed.

No covers though, that's a theme of its own. The quotation should be worked into an original song, even if it's just used as an intro/outro.

Fuck it, new theme forthcoming

Damnit, that should've been a perfectly easy theme. What gives, people?

I suck at noticing or remembering that kinda stuff so certainly not a perfectly easy theme for me, but I probably could've scraped around and found something eventually. People seem to disappear regardless so getting some weirder themes going won't make much difference.

That was just a practice submission. Here's something else, where the opening riff obviously quotes the 'dies irae' melody:

Reactions: CiG
This is true for raters, but if we can't even get enough people to submit, we never leave the station anyway.
We could change the rules and allow people to submit two songs. I could easily have submitted another four songs for the subject of the current round (though only from two different bands) and I'm curious if any of these four songs will be submitted by someone else.

For the first (dismissed) subject, I might have submitted this song:

Or one citing Moonlight Sonata.

Guess I've gotten all the submissions I'm going to get. I'll assemble the playlist tomorrow so if anyone still wants to submit, you have 24 hours.

The preparations for the ritual are complete. The sigil has been drawn in blood, the prerequisite sacrifices have been made and the incantations for the conjuration have been read. Summon the mixtape!

upload_2022-10-25_22-32-20.png

WITCHES & WIZARDS

Megadeth - Five Magics
Mercyful Fate - The Bell Witch
Sorcier des Glaces - The Warlock
Motörhead - Bad Magic
Black Sabbath - The Wizard
Fates Warning - The Sorceress
Angel Witch - White Witch
Rainbow - Stargazer
Slayer - Black Magic
Emperor - I Am the Black Wizards
Candlemass - A Sorcerer's Pledge

PLAYLIST

WITCHES & WIZARDS

Megadeth - Five Magics
Mercyful Fate - The Bell Witch
Sorcier des Glaces - The Warlock
Motörhead - Bad Magic
Black Sabbath - The Wizard
Fates Warning - The Sorceress
Angel Witch - White Witch
Rainbow - Stargazer
Slayer - Black Magic
Emperor - I Am the Black Wizards
Candlemass - A Sorcerer's Pledge

PLAYLIST

The songs listed here don't match the ones on the YouTube playlist.