Themed Mixtape Game Mk. 2

ezgif-4-fa7216915a.gif

Impetigo - Wizard of Gore 10/10
Is it an illusion, or is it real?
Is is your fate... or your face I peel!?

Varathron - Hellwitch (Witches Gathering) 8.5/10
I don't think I've heard this album yet... whatever, but Varathron fucking rule. They always bring great riffs and awesome melodies. Big props from me for making non-wimpy black metal.

Saint Vitus - Mystic Lady 8/10
Even though Hallow's Victim is one of if not the least listened to Vitus albums for me... REAGERS FOREVER! Always love the faster bassy part with the weird solo in the middle.

Black Knight - Day of the Wizard 7/10
Killer galloping passionate trad metal, what's not to love?

Black Magic - Rite of the Wizard 8/10
I almost submitted this myself so yeah I fully fuck with this band. Great and totally raw heavy metal featuring some of the most consistent musicians in Norway right now. That solo at the end is fucking wild.

Barathrum - Dark Sorceress (Autumn Siege) 7.5/10
I haven't heard too much Barathrum but that was fucking awesome. Black metal is 2 for 2 in this playlist so far.

Savatage - White Witch 8/10
Pure USPM balls to the wall. I like how they wrote a song about the 80's cocaine epidemic in the guise of fantasy lyrics. Simple and effective.

Mystifier - An Elizabethan Devil Worshipper's Prayer Book 9/10
As heavy as a stone temple collapsing onto your fucking head. Great album, need to jam it more often.

Obtained Enslavement - Warlock 7/10
Quite diverse and wild, bit wispy for me but I do enjoy this band from time to time. I appreciate the complexity and intensity.

Necrodeath - The Revenge of the Witches 7/10
That main riff rules, it's just off-kilter enough without being too weird. I've only heard their 80's shit so this was interesting.

Avatarium - Lady in the Lamp 5/10
I feel like I've heard this kind of slow vocal build up over hard rock wanking a thousand times. Not bad by any means but doesn't really do anything for me. Rather hear one of the countless 70's bands who did it better than this.

black%2Bbooks%2B5.jpg

Reactions: CiG
In 3 weeks only 4 of us rated the 11 songs. Either the witchy wizardly spell was super effective at stunning everyone or people just realised rating songs is kinda lame.

Short from me folks I'm smashed

Impetigo - Wizard of Gore - 10/10 heavy favourites for best band ever from earth

Varathron - Hellwitch (Witches Gathering) - weirdy progressive HM trad sounding thing. sounds pretty killer 7.5/10

Saint Vitus - Mystic Lady - Always my ears sting! WICKED! 8/10

Black Knight - Day of the Wizard - yeah man! took a second but this rules! 8/10

Black Magic - Rite of the Wizard - Another classic! 8/10

Barathrum - Dark Sorceress (Autumn Siege) - This is wicked and a bit sketchy atst 7/10

Savatage - White Witch - I like it but.. there's just something that doesn't quite add up. the voice? the riffs? 7/10

Mystifier - An Elizabethan Devil Worshipper's Prayer Book - oh no 6/10

Obtained Enslavement - Warlock - oh n 4/10

Necrodeath - The Revenge of the Witches - oh killer 9/10

Avatarium - Lady in the Lamp - sweet but snoozy kinda got bored 7/10

Avatarium - Lady in the Lamp 5/10
I feel like I've heard this kind of slow vocal build up over hard rock wanking a thousand times. Not bad by any means but doesn't really do anything for me. Rather hear one of the countless 70's bands who did it better than this.
Could you recommend some songs in a similar vein - if possible also with similar vocals - you'd rank 10/10?

Scene from The Wizard of Gore 10/10

Impetigo - Wizard of Gore

Rules. Grimy, rotten mid-paced riffs, nails horror themed death metal like no one else 9/10

Varathron - Hellwitch (Witches Gathering)

Haven't got around to checking this out yet despite being a huge fan of 90s Varathron and Hellenic black metal in general. Sounds much closer to classic Varathron than the last one I heard, Untrodden Corridors of Hades. Good stuff 8/10

Saint Vitus - Mystic Lady

My least listened to of the Reagers' Vitus stuff, dunno why - this is awesome 9/10

Black Knight - Day of the Wizard

Fuck yeah, pure epic heavy metal cult. Familiar with the '85 Master of Disaster EP, first time hearing this. Really regretting sleeping on the reissue comp from a few years back. Right up my alley 9/10

Black Magic - Rite of the Wizard

Got a mate that was obsessed with this when it came out. Didn't hit me as hard but it's quality stuff for sure 7.5/10

Barathrum - Dark Sorceress (Autumn Siege)

Punchier production but less grubby, evil, etc than the early shit (which is all I know). Will investigate further though 8/10

Savatage - White Witch

I've owned this for ages but man this album really hit me a couple of years back and cemented itself as an all-time favourite. Even though I like nearly every other song on the album more than this it's still a total classic by a band at their absolute peak 10/10

Mystifier - An Elizabethan Devil Worshipper's Prayer Book

Ultra cult mid-paced EVIL METAL combined with classic Brazilian madness metal, as fucking good as it gets for me 10/10

Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft

I was (probably?) the biggest advocate of this band/album here back in the day. Not as huge on it as I used to be but it's still classic shit. The pics of the band in the booklet is peak black metal retardation 9/10

obtained enslavement doden.jpg

obtained enslavement pest.jpg

Necrodeath - The Revenge of the Witches

In the same boat as CiG, all I've heard by these guys is their 80s stuff. Wouldn't have guessed this came out in 2018. Sounds far more deranged and rawer than I would've expected had I known the release date going in. Impressive for a band this old 8/10

I've warmed to stuff like this in the last few years. Nice closer, cheers Burkhard 8/10