Avenger - Warrior Path
Ice Nine Kills - Stabbing in the Dark
Razor - Brass Knuckles
Eternal Champion - I Am the Hammer
Bolt Thrower - The Killchain

LINK to playlist

Last edited:
On5gdrO.gif

Exmortus - Foe Hammer 6.5/10 has a modern production sound, I think i gave these guys a try once and it didn't really click for me, but still not a bad start to the list

Arghoslent - The Grenadier 6/10 this was ok

Necrot - The Blade 7/10 grew on me a little as it went on

Smoulder - Bastard Steel 8/10 really dig the female vocals

The Crown - Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 6/10 another one that's just ok. Not bad really, just not my thing

Amulet - Siege Machine 7/10 pretty cool. Never heard of them, will maybe research more.

Wehrmacht - Napalm Shower 9.5/10 face melter.....yeah completely melted......by napalm

The Accused - Bullet-Ridden Bodies 9/10 great band. great album

Heathen - Goblin's Blade 10/10 classic

Shackles - Cat O' Nine Tails 8/10 another band I've never heard of. Liked this one a lot

Warrior Path - Avenger 7/10 nothing great but perfectly listenable

Ice Nine Kills - Stabbing In the Dark 3/10 almost had to stop this one midway through. My teenage daughter and her friends started to gather around when they heard it. Like moths to flame

Razor - Brass Knuckles 10/10 feels like i got beatdown with brass knuckles

Eternal Champion - I am the Hammer 7/10 went back and listened to this again after i finished the list. Another one that grew on me a little. Might check out more from them

Bolt Thrower - The Killchain 9/10 killer

Exmortus - Foe Hammer (7/10)

Not a fan of the very sterile production. Trying not to mark it down too much for that because the riffs and solos are really good.

Arghoslent - The Grenadier (7/10)

Solid. Not one of Arghoslent's best though.

Necrot - The Blade (6.5/10)

Very rhythmic stuff; not really my style (i'll make an exception for Bolt Thrower). A hard one to rate; feel like I need to hear this in album context.

Smoulder - Bastard Steel (9/10)

Great song from one my favourite trad albums of recent years. One of the best female vocalists going around, and love the chunky bass too.

The Crown - Blitzkrieg Witchcraft (3/10)

Yuck.

Amulet - Siege Machine (4/10)

This felt rather lacking in energy. Chorus was lame.

Wehrmacht - Napalm Shower (8/10)

Needed this fucking jolt to the balls after the previous song.

The Accused - Bullet-Ridden Bodies (6.5/10)

Never heard these guys but this was pretty good. I wish the vocals were lower in the mix though.

Heathen - Goblin's Blade (7/10)

Awesome riffage; don't care for the vocals.

Shackles - Cat o' Nine Tails (8/10)

Not what I was expecting. Dirty blackened death-thrash, but with a surprising amount of sophistication, especially in the solos. Might check the album out.

Warrior Path - Avenger (9/10)

I didn't know Daniel Heiman had a new project. OK I'm sold. But fair play to the band too, some great melodies and feels epic as fuck.

Ice Nine Kills - Stabbing in the Dark (5/10)

Was about to skip after the the first minute but the brief tremolo riff at 1.32 caught my ear. At least it has a bit more going on than your average mallcore band.

Razor - Brass Knuckles (5/10)

The second half can't redeem the terrible first half.

Eternal Champion - I Am the Hammer (7/10)

Personally think these guys are overrated, but fortunately this is one of their better songs.

Bolt Thrower - The Killchain (8/10)

Maybe the best song here; gotta deduct 1 for choosing such a well known band.

Exmortus - Foe Hammer
I like these guys in moderation. Good playlist opener. 7/10

Arghoslent - The Grenadier
Degenerate racist garbage with riffs that are straight fire. 8.8/10

Necrot - The Blade
Standard genre fare that I'd never go out of my way to discover but in isolation this kind of slays. This is why I love the mixtape games, lets me hear stuff like this that is totally out of my purview. 8/10

Smoulder - Bastard Steel
Somehow never got around to hearing this around the time it came out. Pretty sick stuff, epic sensibilities meet speed metal aggression. 8/10

The Crown - Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
I don't hate it, all the amazing death/thrash in this playlist isn't doing it any favors. 5/10

Amulet - Siege Machine
This some really cool stuff that sounds very late-70s without feeling as affected as some of the other 70s throwback stuff out there. Singer isn't a half-bad Halford ersatz. 7/10

Wehrmacht - Napalm Shower
Not a big fan of this kind of barking vocal style and unrelenting blast beats. Some cool riffs rear their heads above the cacophony. 6.5/10

The Accused - Bullet-Ridden Bodies
Lots of thrash in this playlist and it's starting to bleed together a bit. Trying hard to rate it all fairly though it's not my usual jam. Solid song with a cool scene-setting intro before diving into the thrashing about.
7/10

Heathen - Goblin's Blade
Love how dynamic this is. The intro is like something out of a Slough Feg song, and even when it goes in a thrashy direction the soaring vocals help it stand out from all the other thrash in this playlist. Should check out this album. Cover art looks familiar...
8.0/10

Shackles - Cat o' Nine Tails
Sick. 7.5/10

Warrior Path - Avenger
Not sure what's up with Daniel Heiman suddenly involving himself in these rando bands from the best metal country, but I can only see good things coming of it. Tempted to give it bonus points for the sword shing sfx. 8.5/10

For mallcore cringe this is actually kinda fun. Some cool melodies and I dig the Halloween theme. I'll be a little charitable since everyone else is gonna shit on it anyway. 6.5/10

Razor - Brass Knuckles
Really does sound like a brass knuckle brawl. 9/10

I listened to the "Last King of Pictdom" demo over and over waiting for this album to come out, and when it finally did... I still haven't really warmed to it. This is one of the better songs on it, and it doesn't do all that much for me. 7/10

Yeah it's not doing it for me. I keep waiting for them to do something else than play that mind-numbing verse riff again and again. 4/10

Exmortus - Foe Hammer

Only other time I've heard this band was on a previous playlist and I remember disliking it much more than this song. I don't feel much of anything about this. Agree that it's a good playlist opener, at least 5/10

Arghoslent - The Grenadier

Opening riff is top tier Gelal. Probably my favourite from the album. Rules hard 9/10

Necrot - The Blade

Seen the name/cover around, first time hearing. Good stuff, would listen again 7.5/10

Smoulder - Bastard Steel

Considered submitting this myself but went with something... different. Has been in fairly regular rotation for me since it came out 8/10

The Crown - Blitzkrieg Witchcraft

A PSYCHEDELIC KAMIKAZE SACRIFICE TO KILL ALL LIFE! 9/10

Amulet - Siege Machine

Enjoyed this, will check out the album 7.5/10

Wehrmacht - Napalm Showers

Never been a big fan of crossover and I had a friend that played this album to fucking death... but I didn't mind hearing it again. Memories of rank beer, unwashed denim and uncouth longhairs 7/10

The Accused - Bullet Ridden Bodies

Yeah not for me 5/10

Heathen - Goblin's Blade

Classic for sure, listened to this A LOT when I first got it 9/10

Shackles - Cat o' Nine Tails

Forgot this band existed. Definitely don't recall the album being this rough though. Rules anyway 8/10

Warrior Path - Avenger

Better than the 2.5 I gave the album on RYM... might have to revisit 6.5/10

Taking the fucking piss 1/10

Razor - Brass Knuckles

Nearly submitted the title track from this, glad something from the album made it. Bludgeoning 9/10

Hype behind this was deserved. One of my most listened to albums of the last few years and perfect for the theme 10/10

Opens with THE fucking Bolt Thrower riff and steamrolls everything in its path 10/10