What do you do with your life?

...at the moment i am working a temp job for nc workers comp...before that, worked at a cro doing data entry...after 5 years, they cut me to 12 hours a week and screwed me out of 4th of july pay and a 3 week vacation next year....:mad:

on the side i am an artist and would love to do that full time, but no call for it at the moment...........(i do commissions) ;)
also love to go to see bands...other than that...i am at my cats beck and call and they are ALWAYS HUNGRY....:loco:

oopsie...i forgot to mention that my fiance is king lek and he is the reason i left beautiful, sunny california...for nc...(ick) ;)

I hate my job as of late, as the company i work for is now trying to nickel and dime us out of benefits, just for the sake of the bottom line. Oh yeah, i am a Jr. VP repsonsible for Special Programs and Projects for the #3 defense contractor in the US, we have over 100K employees in 32 countries and all 50 States of the US, and also over 300 in Antartica.

Ick... which defense contractor? NG, LM, GD, Boeing, Raytheon? I lothe them all (see my bio post).

Work:

Work as a research and development engineer for a branch of the military, working with large and small defense contractors (ugh!) on developing new stuff so our guys "over there" can kick some serious ass!! :headbang: :kickass:

Outside of work/hobbies:

Run a number of websites as hobbies: The BBS Corner, Telnet BBS Guide, Telephone World are the major ones. Also run a BBS (remember those?) but now available via the Internet. See the URL in the sig line if you're interested :)

Music:

Grew up listening to hard rock and traditional metal. A friend of mine turned me on to power & progressive metal in 2005. I've been to PP USA twice, third time this coming October.

Yeah, Carbondale. It sure is pretty down here (Yay for Shawnee National Forest!) but damn, I hate the heat and the humidity. Bleh.

Oh the memories - that's where I met Yippee! It is very pretty down there. I still have a girlfriend in Marion. We need to fly down and do lunch with her sometime soon.

@Yardley: Hehe, you handle tools! :D
:D

I manage a high end furniture and interior design showroom. Married 12 wonderful years this Monday to a comic book, sci-fi, toy collecting geek, which works well for this concert going, scorpions collector, rock -n- roll geek!! No kids just one whiney old man cat named Aleister.

I collect all things Scorpion (the bug and the band) and other than music and concerts I enjoy spending my days off at the beach rollerblading or just taking a drive around CA. taking pictures.

I look forward to my annual vacation to PP as much as my husband looks forward to Comic-Con and Wonder-Con. I keep telling him he should go to PP if not for the music to hang out with all the other great people I know who have the same hobbies as him.

What do i do with my life?

This time of year.....

.....SWEAT........................................A LOT!

I'm the "financial coordinator" for a couple of small academic units at a large Big-10 school, which is a fancy name for book keeper, really. Part of my job, despite the title, includes graduate student services for current and future graduate students. That's how I earn my pay.

I'm a cross-stitcher and a knitter and rarely do you find me sitting around, without either in my hands to keep me occupied. It's a great conversation starter when I'm in public, though knitting is pretty popular and I'm pretty much a beginner. :)

This Sunday is my 7th wedding anniversary to a terrific guy, after meeting 10 years ago this year at a Dream Theater show in Boston. We missed ProgPower I, as we were getting ready to move from Boston to Michigan, but I have managed to be at all the rest.

I like to travel as much as my vacation and our money permits us, and I'm lucky my husband is pretty tolerant of my vacation decisions.

Gosh, when written like that, I look terrible boring. See you in October!

I'm a full-time student majoring in Management at Georgia Tech...I'm hoping to be able to find a job in the music industry. I also host a metal radio show with Pellaz and mtndewqueen88 and I run sound for bands about once a week. I volunteer at a local music venue with booking/advertising.

Music is my main passion (I pretty much stick with rock, rap, reggae, and some jazz aside from metal, but metal is my main genre) but I also enjoy sports and the outdoors.

I am a jack of all trades IT type person. I have been in the IT field for 22+ years, and have had just about every job from tape hanger to System Manager. While the majority of my experience is with OpenVMS, & HP-UX
(HP/Compaq flavor of Unix), the last few years have been spent running MS platforms. I work for a recently bought out financial clearinghouse, & I have been hand picked by the CEO to join his newest venture, and will have a stake in the company. I'd much rather be teching for a touring band, or running my own guitar shop, but for now, the computer geek stuff pays all the bills. Above all, I'd rather be fishing! :)

I work in the production department of a school/academic/educational publishing company (textbooks, dictionaries, CDROM, etc.) which I enjoy quite a bit. I just moved from Michigan to Boston so when I'm off work I'm wandering around the city trying to get to know the locale and/or sitting in front of the computer. Of course keeping an eye open for shows and trying to keep a regular practice schedule too.

i'm finishing up at Berklee College of Music in Boston (i play guitar) and i work as a stagehand....been on the Berklee stage crew for a bit over a year, and i'm planning on doing freelance and union extras list work as much as possible starting in september (since i won't be able to work on the Berklee stage crew anymore, as it's a student employment job).

It's very cool to read such a diverse background and age variation from all of you yet the one common bond is this forum and ProgPower/Music.
As for me I own and operate a small recording studio NW of Chicago, once I move to my new location in approximately a year I plan on it being my full time job.

Ick... which defense contractor? NG, LM, GD, Boeing, Raytheon? I lothe them all (see my bio post).

The fifth one you named, but hey even though I hate it and I am retiring right now it pays for my passion, MUSIC!!!!

Well for me, I just graduated from highschool this past May and was working at a grocery store until a few weeks ago when I quit. Right now I'm looking for a better job because in October I plan to start nursing classes because I want to be a pediatric nurse.

All I do now really is spend time with my boyfriend, my friends, and my family. I'm a bookworm so most of the time I have my head stuck in a book. I love going to concerts when I'm able. I love to shop. Interesting life, huh? Lol.

Well for me, I just graduated from highschool this past May and was working at a grocery store until a few weeks ago when I quit. Right now I'm looking for a better job because in October I plan to start nursing classes because I want to be a pediatric nurse.

All I do now really is spend time with my boyfriend, my friends, and my family. I'm a bookworm so most of the time I have my head stuck in a book. I love going to concerts when I'm able. I love to shop. Interesting life, huh? Lol.

to be honest, you have no idea how lucky you are to be enjoying life that much right now, treasure it.