What Popular Metal Bands Do You Hate?

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
Fuckin Metallica. Just wanna get that off my chest. Love the instrumental work. Hate whats his dick's retarded redneck vocals.

It's weird, because I like plenty of other vocalists that are probably a bar or two off his voice. Just can't do it, man.

Although their cover of Die Die My Darling was pretty cool.

Morbid angel
Cannibal corpse
The whole Black metal scene

I don't really hate those, just can't stand 'em a second.

There are two groups, basically. Bands that piss me off for being grossly overrated beyond their apparent talents in composition (Death, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc.) and bands that I actually hate because they are dreadful beyond belief (Meshuggah, Gojira, Dethklok, Devourment, etc.)

The first group gets probably MORE "hate" out of me, actually, even though I actually listen to them from time to time. I can enjoy them, but I won't stand for the never-ending masturbation that places them on undeserving pedestals. The latter group is so bad that I just assume everyone knows they are utter jokes and I've (for the most part) ceased to constantly vent about them.

Morbid angel
Cannibal corpse
The whole Black metal scene

I don't really hate those, just can't stand 'em a second.

Yeah Cannibal Corpse is another one. Anything approaching thrashy really, I kinda hate on the whole genre.

CC does have some badass comics though.

Anything with shouting/yelling. I like clean, growls, shrieks, moans, groans, howls... but shouts kill it for me. Such as Isis. I can tolerate them because the songs are so amazing, but the vocals make me cringe more often than not.

Anything that strikes me as canned, kowtowing or unoriginal. That includes obvious Dream Theater worship bands like earlier Haken, trendy Djent that doesn't even fake an attempt at taking an innovative spin on the genre, post black metal that sounds like B-Sides of Two Hunters, stoner doom bands that wouldn't dare to deviate from the riffage outlined by Sleep, and regressive bands that never stepped out of a particular decade.

Pretty much all newer power metal bands. Anything devin Townsend touches. Cattle decapitation. Deafheaven.

I guess Bathory. There are a couple of great songs and some ok thrash tunes strewn about, but otherwise worthless.

EDIT: Oh, and post-Forest of Equilibrium Cathedral. Fucking retarded stoner rock that somehow is passed off as essential trad doom. Lee Dorrian has one of the most trisomal voices I've ever heard.

When it comes to unwarranted cult followings, there is of course Manilla Road as well. Amazing how on occasion they can get it completely together for one song and then it falls a part with some of the lamest and most poorly thought out songs in existence.

Fuck it, Sodom too. They've done nothing inspired since Obsessed By Cruelty, and only a handful of albums since then that are even worthy of being called "solid".