Who "also" hates Hip Hop???

ps. there are people here who love rap, like liquid_diamonds :Smug:

Well, I hadn't spotted this thread before (I tend to stay in the Off-Topic section these days), but you are right my good man. I do indeed love hip-hop music. And the smug face is pointless, because there is no shame in loving the genre.

In fact, this thread is rather pointless, because if I remember correctly I already created a hip-hop thread some time back.

This thread is just sorry. It's absolutely awful. I agree 100% with whoever said that dismissing an entire genre point blank is just silly. How narrow-minded, people. Open up!

Fair enough, don't like hip-hop. But all the people neg-repping over opinions blow. That's not what the rep system is for man! It's for stopping ignorance, not fuelling it!

If you can't handle the opinions of others, then fuck off out of a discussion forum.

*annoyed*

Reactions: Seance
Well, I hadn't spotted this thread before (I tend to stay in the Off-Topic section these days), but you are right my good man. I do indeed love hip-hop music. And the smug face is pointless, because there is no shame in loving the genre.

In fact, this thread is rather pointless, because if I remember correctly I already created a hip-hop thread some time back.

This thread is just sorry. It's absolutely awful. I agree 100% with whoever said that dismissing an entire genre point blank is just silly. How narrow-minded, people. Open up!

Fair enough, don't like hip-hop. But all the people neg-repping over opinions blow. That's not what the rep system is for man! It's for stopping ignorance, not fuelling it!

If you can't handle the opinions of others, then fuck off out of a discussion forum.

*annoyed*

There's more to life than a negative rep :rolleyes: get over it

the real problem is that most people here likely have never heard even one real hip hop song

what you have heard is bubblegum pop rap (which is despised in the hip hop community)

actually, there is some good hip hop... like are talented musicians in all genre's. i think the hip hop your hearing happens to be the mainstream stuff, the mtv stuff, for example, is crap. there are lots of underground hip hop artists that happen to be very talented, take for example madlib and andre nickatina. they are exceptional at what they do. now, before you make generalizations open your mind...

actually, there is some good hip hop... like are talented musicians in all genre's. i think the hip hop your hearing happens to be the mainstream stuff, the mtv stuff, for example, is crap. there are lots of underground hip hop artists that happen to be very talented, take for example madlib and andre nickatina. they are exceptional at what they do. now, before you make generalizations open your mind...

SethCohen said:
white people like hard rock music while blacks find time to say fuck the world with rhyming words and artificial beats, but culturally its significant in order to be able to differenciate between white people and blacks

its not a black or white thing, its your cultural surroundings. your a total idiot. what your saying is that black people say "fuck the world?" and lots of hip hop has real musicians playing real insturments. madlib plays piano, guitar keyboard and drums... the filmore coleman band incorporates jazz/fusion into a hip hop using real musicians with real instruments...

ignorance is a terrible trait.... and when you gereralize your displaying your ingorance. stop it.

0h 0k, i never reail1sed ther was more than neg rep lulz!!11!!!11!!one

You missed the point of my post entirely. Fuck off :(

Seriously, I know real hip-hop. It can be very good. So can commercial hip-hop. It's all about vibe man. Live the vibe!!!

commercial hip hop sucks, and always will.

pac is a great rapper

look past the silly thug image, he was a great artist

dude, I just can't justify "gangsta" rap i.e, (tupac). I must concede though, I do recall a few artists that I absolutely adored when I used to listen to rap in my high school dayz. They were:

Gravediggaz
Wu-Tang Clan
Hieroglyphics http://www.hieroglyphics.com/
Funkdoobiest
and maybe a few others.

I strictly listened to the non-commercial bands as much as possible. When I heard 1-800-Suicide from the Gravediggaz I was floored, although I am not an advocate of suicide, I was thrown back by the lyrical genious in that song. Download it and take a listen, that song is something else!!

Since then I became dismayed to say the least of all the bubble gum Hip Hop artists that have flood the mainstream airwaves :Smug:

But I do feel that atleast 98% of rap is shite still

dude, I just can't justify "gangsta" rap i.e, (tupac). I must concede though, I do recall a few artists that I absolutely adored when I used to listen to rap in my high school dayz. They were:

Gravediggaz
Wu-Tang Clan
Hieroglyphics http://www.hieroglyphics.com/
Funkdoobiest
and maybe a few others.

I strictly listened to the non-commercial bands as much as possible. When I heard 1-800-Suicide from the Gravediggaz I was floored, although I am not an advocate of suicide, I was thrown back by the lyrical genious in that song. Download it and take a listen, that song is something else!!

Since then I became dismayed to say the least of all the bubble gum Hip Hop artists that have flood the mainstream airwaves :Smug:

But I do feel that atleast 98% of rap is shite still

listen to the great underground/old school rappers (there's plenty of them), ignore all the mainstream garbage

pac was still a pretty damn good rapper, strictly for my niggaz and me against the world are 2 of the best off all time

don't compare pac to the shitheads on radio/television today. Watch a tupac interview and you can see how intelligent the man was compared to the morons today who claim to be "artists" but can't put together a normal sentence