2018 Themed Mixtape Game

rating late is a signature wainds move but i hardly ever win this thing, i usually submit stuff that has no chance and i was surprised manacle did so well. the person who used to try really hard to win was omni. it’s not even like running the game is so fun that there’s much incentive to win.

Yeah, I think if/when we return to the normal game the host should be able to submit a song. And if it wins then you just let the second place host.

Yeah, I sometimes slipped in my own choices. But not everyone did! And people tried to be sneaky about it because you weren’t supposed to. Do away with that shitty rule I say.

Also, this list seems to be quite a lot more extreme than the last one!

I liked that Manacle song you submitted. Gave it a 7.5 iirc and really like the second half. Not as good as the Sacral Rage song, though. Which had very high peaks.

Midnattsol - Syns Sang
2/10.
Fuck off forever with this shit.

Exlimitir - Within the Obscurity of the Billow
8/10.
This is just weird and cool I want a physical copy already. I see their location has finally been revealed.

Garroted - Crimson Thirst
6.5/10.
Didnt hate this but it didnt really grab me.

Entropia - Astral
4/10.
I might have liked this years ago not really something I can stomach any more.

Skeletal Remains - Seismic Abyss
5/10.
Kinda bog standard new osdm.

Deceased - To Serve the Insane
9/10.
Hail Fowley

Satan - Ghosts of Monongah
9/10.
Nice rebound album after a slightly weaker one. definitely in the top ten for this year.

Vargrav - Shadowed Secrets Unmasked
9/10.
Fantastic black metal that will be downrated to hell.

Lutomysl – Омани життя (Fallacies of Life)
5/10.
Mostly homo.

Hitter - Born to Rock
8.5/10.
High energy driving music.

Golgothan Remains - Phantom Earth
8/10.
Nice finish.

Midnattsol - Syns Sang
Pretty voice but doing a whole lotta nothing for me. 5/10.

That was pretty irritating. 5/10.

Unrelenting. 8/10.

Entropia - Astral
I found this track rather dull. 5/10.

I listened to this album not too long ago. Good, but doesn't really stand out. 6/10.

This is the shit. Will be checking out asap. 9/10.

Satan - Ghosts of Monongaph
Inoffensive. 5/10.

It's like a whirlwind of ancient energy. 9/10.

The black metal barrage continues! 8/10.

Hitter - Born to Rock
Not a whole lot to this one. 4/10.

Dissonant brutality. 9/10.

Midnattsol - Syns Sang
Pretty shitty, but better than Azusa at least. 3/10

Obviously heavily indebted to Demilich, but nowhere near as good. 6/10

Really good newer death metal band. Not sure if I like this as much as their previous demo, but it's certainly cool stuff. 8/10

Entropia - Astral
Not a sound I usually listen to, but honestly didn't mind this. Don't really like it either, though, too much like background music. 5/10

The best thing about this is the admiral attempt at van Drunen style vocals. Musically its pretty uninteresting. Barely above average. 5.5/10

Some really fucking cool riffs in this one! 8/10

Satan - Ghosts of Monongaph
How are they still this good in 2018? Made my top 5 for this year so obviously I really like this. Riffs! 8.5/10

This album rules and this is one of the best tracks from it. The best I've heard in this style in many years. 4.28 - 5:18 <3 8.5/10

These vocals make my throat itch! Good black metal from last year. 8/10

Hitter - Born to Rock
I like the sound of this, but the track itself is pretty dull. Doesn't do much to distinguish itself, but then it clearly isn't even trying. 5/10

I'm growing pretty tired of all the murky Incantation worship, but this is pretty good. Crushing with an ominously dark atmosphere. 7.5/10

MIdnattsol: Syns Sang 4/10
This wasn't even cool in the 2000s, there's no scope for a retro comeback yet.

Exlimitir - Within the Obscurity of the Billow 7/10
Demilich something something Demilich worship Demilich. But it's pretty cool. I appreciate how utterly shameless they are, and even take it the next notch by making the bass even more prevalent.

Garroted - Crimson Thirst of Damnation 4/10
Basic forgettable shit. Snore

Entropia - Astral 3/10
I had this album on my wishlist. Now I'm glad I didn't buy it. Really basic space rock riff but with a blast beat underneath, hardly earth-shattering.

Skeletal Remains - Seismic Abyss 4/10
Morbid Angel for Dummies

Deceased - To Serve the Insane 8/10
I had a grin on my face listening to this, it has a tangible sense of viciousness and power. "The devil is real!".

Satan - Ghosts of Monongah 8/10
Really good guitar interplay here. Exudes class.

Vargrav - Shadowed Secrets Unmasked 7/10
Bought this album a few weeks ago but hadn't got around to listening. Classic second wave stuff, and yet it doesn't sound exactly like the usual suspects. And that is high praise in itself. Rating would go higher if they sustain this quality across the album.

Lutomysl - Fallacies of Life 6/10
Massive sound, loses some momentum through the jolting rhythm changes though. I'll check out the album but not holding my breath.

Hitter - Born to Rock 5/10
This appealed to me initially but excessively repetitive.

Golgothan Remains - Phantom Earth 6/10
Short and sweet, monstrous and brutal.

View attachment 18780

I like the way you fags imply some songs are derivative and then slurp up all the derivative black metal you can get. I enjoy black metal but the fanbase really is lolworthy as fuck.

can't speak for anyone else (oh wait, yes i can, they're my alts), but i'm pretty meh about the majority of BM i hear, especially new stuff. he didn't exactly give the BM high ratings here either.