EXODUS

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Please post all questions, comments & anything related to this artist here.

Another Lesson In Violence / Tempo Of The Damned / Shovel Headed Kill Machine

exodus_lesson.jpg
exodus_tempo.jpg
exodus_shovel.jpg

Yeah, I would like some tips on how to get that bass tone as well, I fucking love it.

Edit: Also I'm suprised more people haven't commented on TOTD, imo it's one of Andy's best mixes, everything is so raw and in your face, and I love the great midrange that Gary's Marshall has. And because I'm an old school Exodus fan, I much prefer this over their latest effort because of the lack of Steve's vocals, I just can't listen to the new guy sing lol.

The vocals on every Exodus album are the reason I couldn't get into them.....shame because Gary Holt is an absolute monster.

I guess we all have those bands we wish we could get into, but can't for one reason or another. They're mine.

Taken from http://www.exodusattack.com/

"Tom rejoins the fold
Breaking news in the Exodus camp! I’d like to take a moment here and welcome back Tom Hunting to the drum throne of Exodus. It was always understood that when and if Tom was ever ready to resume his drumming duties for the band his seat would be waiting. Paul always knew this, and was the first to say it upon joining the band. Paul and Tom always have been good friends and we, as a band, cannot thank Paul enough for his services on Shovel Head and all subsequent tours. We had a great time, and kicked many asses along the way. Paul has given this reunion his whole endorsement with no mixed blessings, and is happy to see Tom back in the fold. Now someone may just become the luckiest suckers in the world, because one hell of a drummer is on the market! We wish Paul all the best, and he will always be a member of the extended Exodus family.
That having been said, we are so excited to have Tom back in the band he co-founded. He, other than the time spent out of the band, is the only drummer I’ve ever played with, and him and I have an unspoken language of metal that I am stoked to continue.
We are hard at work on the new songs, and this shit is the best and heaviest music we’ve ever written. I’ve kept quiet until now, because everyone always brags about how great the new shit is. But this is no boast. This album will redefine thrash metal as we no it. We will be hitting the studio mid- May with Mr. Sneap, and you have been warned."

Should be interesting, if not a total dissapointment, based on the hype those comments will obviously create.

I must say the guitars on SHKM are not my cup of tea. Its a XXX as well!! I want that bastard amp! However the guitars are almost "too brutal". Im not sure what the technical terms are for the sound on it....is it just a shit load of mid and treble with the volume on 11?

actually the shovel headed kill machine sound sort of reminds me of kataklysm's latest record (in the arms of devastation - now that's a kickass rhythm guitar tone. 5150 throgh krank cab btw), except for the palm mutes which sound somewhat different - more bite and "snap" on the exodus record.
actually, that kind of sound mixed with something more "congested" like the nevermore DHIADW record would be my perfect guitar tone :D

So, apparently Andy is starting on the new Exodus next week!:headbang:

This is gonna rule!:worship:

Here's Gary Holt's post on the www.exodusattack.com forum:

Quick update

Just a quick word to let everyone know has been up!
Rehearsing about seven hours a day right now, busting our asses as Mr. Sneap will arrive on June 3rd and into the studio we go. Eleven songs done as of now, as sick as fuck. Everyone always talks about how their next record is the next this or that, all I'm going to say is this next record is a crushing landmark in Exodus history. I am stoked. Truly. I'm not giving out the title(or titles) right now, so you'll have to wait and be patient! But man, this new shit is aggressive with a capitol A! Thrash metal at it's hardest.