In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

10649462_710745425640886_36829212373518045_n.jpg

Even Jesper approves the album.. :D

I don't feel qualified to give a number rating for each song on the album yet, and not sure how much time I'm going to invest in giving it more listens (wow, never thought I'd say that about an IF album), but...

When The World Explodes- the latter half of the song feels completely separate from the first half. Once the female vocalist comes in the song feels like a completely different band is playing, although I must say I really enjoy the addition of the female vox. Anders seemed very low in the mix though!

Dead Eyes- love the main riff! Reminds me of SOAPF and it's throwbacks to the early sound. Chorus... I really feel Anders' vocal melodies and choruses aren't catchy at all. They are obviously meant to be lighter on the ears, but they don't exactly stick in the head as much as other IF songs (Crawl Through Knives, Take This Life, Mirror's Truth and Ropes etc)

The album just seems to fart out of existence with Filtered Truth.

I love the idea of a band progressing and changing their style, as long as they retain song-writing ability and really embrace the genre change with purpose. Personally don't feel that IF hit the nail on the head with this one, Passenger did the alt-rock style and was SUPER catchy and weirdly atmospheric.

Svářeč;10898632 said:
He's obviously a nice guy and they're friends with band members so of course he's not gonna mock it. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't listen to it :)

I'm pretty damn sure he'll give it a listen. Jesper listens to all kinds of music nowadays. He listened to SoAPF and gave it thumbs up as well. He made the score for a childrens movie 2 years back, even writing rnb/hip-hop like stuff for the movie.

I love the idea of a band progressing and changing their style, as long as they retain song-writing ability and really embrace the genre change with purpose. Personally don't feel that IF hit the nail on the head with this one, Passenger did the alt-rock style and was SUPER catchy and weirdly atmospheric.

Great point. Especially the songs "Used" and "Circles"

I'm pretty damn sure he'll give it a listen. Jesper listens to all kinds of music nowadays. He listened to SoAPF and gave it thumbs up as well. He made the score for a childrens movie 2 years back, even writing rnb/hip-hop like stuff for the movie.

You mean this?

https://play.spotify.com/album/5lqycBxOqFzMLSTUawvHx1

I don't know if he'll give it a listen, I don't lnow if he approves the album (though it seems more an IF strategy to calm the more extreme fans), but I think he wouldn't neglect taking a picture even if he doesn't like the album, after all they're friends.

Until know, the only comment from Jesper's about his friends new album is this:

HAMMERFALL is back!! In their greatest form ever. So proud of my friends,and cant wait to hear the rest of the album!!!. Check out Hectors Hymn here. ENJOY!! #TTD

But I think he will say something (in the next days).

Edit:

At present, the picture isn't at Jesper's official facebook.

Yeah that's the movie. Don't forget Jesper & Björn wrote a bunch of stuff for All Ends as well. But obviously Jesper likes metal the most.

And he gave his approve? (Sorry, but just using the word makes them look so desperate, they should have a serious talk with their communty manager).

And he gave his approve? (Sorry, but just using the word makes them look so desperate, they should have a serious talk with their communty manager).

Why should he give his approval? This dude has not been a part of In Flames for the part seven years. I totally don't get it. He deserves his own listening session as he is a friend of the band and an ex-member, but he can shove his approval up his arse.

Why should he give his approval? This dude has not been a part of In Flames for the part seven years. I totally don't get it. He deserves his own listening session as he is a friend of the band and an ex-member, but he can shove his approval up his arse.

Hey dude, don't ask me, ask the guy who uploaded the picture and made the comment.

Really want a rip where half of these songs AREN'T lacking bass. Who the fuck ripped the album? Sounds like someone ran half of the songs through a low cut filter. Seriously.

Really want a rip where half of these songs AREN'T lacking bass. Who the fuck ripped the album? Sounds like someone ran half of the songs through a low cut filter. Seriously.

Through oblivion and Filtered truth sound like I connected my bass guitar/drum mic wires halfway into the mixer board during a live show.

The ones using audio mixing(?) software. Can you isolate anders voice on the songs?

So, did you?

Yes. When reviewing I always remove vocals as much as possible to get clarity over the instruments. In Flames has always been very deep beneath the hear-able final mix, often with melodies or background guitars that nobody has heard before because they are packed in too far. It is very fun when these are found and gives the song that little extra "wow" feel to it.

It often leads me to speculate why it wasn't forwarded more because often, and specifically with In Flames, the background guitars do bring out a lovely depth to the song, but in the end, a final mix is a final mix.

Yes. When reviewing I always remove vocals as much as possible to get clarity over the instruments. In Flames has always been very deep beneath the hear-able final mix, often with melodies or background guitars that nobody has heard before because they are packed in too far. It is very fun when these are found and gives the song that little extra "wow" feel to it.

It often leads me to speculate why it wasn't forwarded more because often, and specifically with In Flames, the background guitars do bring out a lovely depth to the song, but in the end, a final mix is a final mix.

And did you do the opposite?