MEGADETH

Dave's new amp has me super curious...

Mustaine2007rig.jpg

An interview with Dave says that it's based on the 68 Plexi and has three other 'modes' and tons of onboard effects - my impression from the interview was that he was still using the Prophesy to record. Apparently he and Glen are using Line 6 cabs with V30s, powered by that amp's power section with the Prophesy handling preamp duties.

Jeff

We actually used the Line 6 in the end without the Prophesy, into a Boogie cab.
Dave uses the Prophesy live because the switching is better, and from what I understand Line 6 is now not going to be manufacturing this amp, so he's looking at some different companies.

Dave uses the Prophesy live because the switching is better, and from what I understand Line 6 is now not going to be manufacturing this amp, so he's looking at some different companies.

Andy, do you recall if the Line6 was a tube amp, or has Line6 really pushed the modeling envelope with it? It sounds absolutely crushing on Sleepwalker - if it was a modeling amp, I'd be amazed.

I stand corrected... I wonder why he didn't mention that in the interview. He seemed impressed with what they had done, but since that piece could have been a bit older it may be off. Did you happen to hear any names?

Jeff

A Tout Le Monde 2007 is like your girlfriend... now with breast implants.

So the same old thing but with added fakeness and vanity. Great. Can't wait.:erk:

I bought the new Meg DVD (That One Night) yesterday and I just don't get that song. Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. :zombie:
On the other hand, "Set the world afire", now that's a real Megadeth song. IMHO.