MEGADETH

can't find any special song on the cd. the last one had "die dead enough". the idea of re-recording a tout le monde stands for itself. dave hasn't got any good ideas for new songs.

I think the new CD is pretty good. 2-3 duds on there, but the rest is certainly Megadeth.

All eras of the band is on display here.

I believe this to be their best album since CW. Some of the lyrics are a bit cheese, but who cares. My biggest complaint is that there are no "memorable" opening guitar riffs as on previous albums. All of the riffs seem to mesh together. For example, if someone played Trust for me, I would recognize that guitar riff instantly. If someone took my guitar and started playing riffs from Amerikhastan, I would have no idea what band it was or what song it was. Other than that, I love the production (way to go Andy! :kickass: ) ... but dave should have shot-up a couple of times and wrote some better riffs. :erk:

I have to say that this is my least favorite Sneap production to date, complemented with songs that, on the whole, really don't do anything for me (never been a Megadeath fan). I think after Doomsday Machine I was expecting some new landmark production, the likes of which the metal world has never seen before, but alas it was not to be.

GReat MEGADETH album, but can't say that for Andy's production, it's great but ARCH ENEMY's Doomsday Machine just kick ass!!! We were expecting something different with MEGADETH, but maybe Mustaine wanted that way so...
Greetings from SERBIA!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

GReat MEGADETH album, but can't say that for Andy's production, it's great but ARCH ENEMY's Doomsday Machine just kick ass!!! We were expecting something different with MEGADETH, but maybe Mustaine wanted that way so...

The guitars are IMO very much RIP-ish and I like that a lot!
The bass guitar is awesome, blends great with guitars and nicely fills the bottom.
In all, a very recognizable Sneap touch to the sound...

does this makes as little sense to everyone else as it does me?

Why people think that Megadeth should sound like Arch Enemy just for the producer?
It is impossible to compare a Thrash/Death production as many works from Andy to Megadeth, with no quadruple guitars, no ultralow tunings.

If Shakira would be produced by Andy, would it sound like Kreator?

I think "United Abominations" is a great heavy metal album and a great production, clean and smart.

I just can't tell what he's saying. It seems like maybe he's saying that he likes the jobs Andy does (like AE) but perhaps it doesn't fit Megadeth, but I'm not sure - I think that on what I've heard the production fits and the tone is great, I don't see at all what people could complain about.

Jeff

I just can't tell what he's saying. It seems like maybe he's saying that he likes the jobs Andy does (like AE) but perhaps it doesn't fit Megadeth, but I'm not sure - I think that on what I've heard the production fits and the tone is great, I don't see at all what people could complain about.

Jeff
i think its that
the arch enemy production kicked ass, had quite a unique style
and the production for megadeth sounds very similar
But he was expecting a new style for megadeth, not one similar of the arch enemy production
but then maybe mustaine wanted the production like that
i.e. choosing andy based on his previous work (i.e. AE)