MEGADETH

but again, you'd be complaining if it was the same. I think its a good mixture and you've got to remember it's 20 years nearly since those albums, do you really think anyone can write the same album 20 years later? Also do you think they'd want to write the same album 20 years later?

At the end of the day, you can only write what you feel true to, and Dave is in a very different place to what he was back then.

How many of you have a legal copy by the way?

but again, you'd be complaining if it was the same. I think its a good mixture and you've got to remember it's 20 years nearly since those albums, do you really think anyone can write the same album 20 years later? Also do you think they'd want to write the same album 20 years later?

At the end of the day, you can only write what you feel true to, and Dave is in a very different place to what he was back then.

How many of you have a legal copy by the way?

Could be, you never know..but for this album, I'm happy to have a new megadeth in my hands, I actually don't care much if it sounds different, the same or whatever..as long as I can enjoy the music without comparing it..

I'm waiting for my local music store to get my copy in...:oops:
This was an album I wanted to wait for, not download in advance and buy later, but buy and listen..this weekend I got weak...and just did it...I have the album on order for allready 2 weeks now :)...
next week is the release here...

I think the new album sounds really fun actually. It sounds like the kind of songs that have some neat things going on here and there that just make it a blast to play as a band, so props to MD for that.

As for the production, I love it. I think it's even more amazing that it turned out so well when you came in halfway through so props Andy. I think the only thing I desire in it is having the rhythm guitars stand out more, and have the vocals up more, but thats it. I just listen to something like Trust and how those guitars just STAND OUT like crazy, but on this CD it just kind of seems a bit more in the back and gets drowned out a touch by the bass and drums (I'm basing this off of my car stereo which has more bass so yeah...but comparing to other CDs, the guitar isn't that present.)

It's really cool to hear a Megadeth CD where you can hear EVERYTHING. The vocals sound really amazing, but quiet.

With "A Tout Le Monde" I like and dislike. I like the clean sound, but I miss some of the aspects of the original, and I think it's because I'm used to that version. I prefer the acoustic intro and the original solo. The original solo is just so familiar, it sticks with you, and when I heard the new one...I was let down. It was like changing a part of the song that was perfect...

Great job Andy. It must of been an honor to work with Dave.

anyone else noticed that on sleepwalker pre-choras dave says "i come to take your life" in a mexican'y accent?
i come to take your life gringo!

makes me chuckle every time.

I'm waiting for the cd to come out in stores. I don't want to hear that shit in low-def. When does it come out BTW?

Next week on the 15th.

Hey Andy I was wondering, how did the Zeppelin cover come out? Is it pretty much straightforward to the original or did it get changed up a bit to fit in more with the Megadeth sound? I can't really picture how the chorus would have been done.

it came out good actually. Fun little solo at the end with Dave playing every Jimmy Page lick he could think of. I never realised he was huge Zep fan, you can actually hear that Zep swing in some of the older Deth stuff. Some of the more off beat stuff in Hanger 18 sound like Zeppelin on the wrong speed (or too much speed)

Makes sense. I always heard a lot of funk in their rhythms which made it distinctive. Like James Brown on speed with the gain cranked. The main verse riff from Hangar 18 would sound like a show tune if played by a brass section.

Well this album is awesome, I can't say if it's better than last one, but for sure last one and this one are better 1000 times than the albums from cryptic and on.
The only thing I really don't like is A tout Le monde, it's just because the original is better for me.
Great work !
I bet gears of war has the original Jsx sound, while the rest is Line6 right?
Andy what about that line6 amp, is it all digital or what? has tubes?

The people on this thread complaining about the production of this album sound like complete wankers...

To me it sounds exactly like i was hoping for when i first heard Andy was doing this record.

I liked the album very much. IMO Megadeth is always cool. Straight drums, heavy guitar riffs, lyrics about destruction, I mean, what can go wrong? :headbang: I´m just tired of the guitar solos, but that´s just my taste.

Andy, you´ve said that the guitars were just doubletracked, right? So, can you give more details? It was like 100% to the left and 100% to the right? the same Line6 setup/patch on both sides? Which pickups?

Thanks a lot and congratulations for the great album.

it came out good actually. Fun little solo at the end with Dave playing every Jimmy Page lick he could think of. I never realised he was huge Zep fan, you can actually hear that Zep swing in some of the older Deth stuff. Some of the more off beat stuff in Hanger 18 sound like Zeppelin on the wrong speed (or too much speed)

I never noticed this...... I'll have to go back and dig out my RIP CD and check it out. (I too have been a big Zep fan since 1972.Ooops..showing my age here)

I've only heard the 2 songs on the Roadrunner site, but I must say you really slayed this album Andy. The guitar tones leave me speechless.....
Can't wait till the 15th when I can fianlly hear the whole album!

Great job!:kickass:

Damn the cover is pretty cool! What a tease, now I want to hear them cover Kashmir :lol: Great job though Andy, I hope you can produce more Megadeth albums.

Just got the album there yesterday and I must say first listens are good :)

I love the jihad joe line!!! lol

Lyrics aside the album sounds excellent Andy. Love the guitar sounds the most. Look forward now to the live gig in June!!!

Been waiting for the legal release date to listen to this.

Can't wait to hear what you've done with the mixes since I heard the unmixed versions in January (part of the MegaFanClub thing).

Washington is Next sounds awesome.