MEGADETH

I have to say with the MP3's I'm pretty pleased, but tomorrow morning I'll be there early at the shop :)!

Anyway...I think the drums could have been more (NOT SOUNDWISE)..but Mustaine has played with way better drummers then mr. Drover. He's tight on this album, but there's nothing surprising about his playing, nothing where you go ... oeeew I like that fill...or oooeeww I liked that groove.... bit of a shame...

I have to say with the MP3's I'm pretty pleased, but tomorrow morning I'll be there early at the shop :)!

Anyway...I think the drums could have been more (NOT SOUNDWISE)..but Mustaine has played with way better drummers then mr. Drover. He's tight on this album, but there's nothing surprising about his playing, nothing where you go ... oeeew I like that fill...or oooeeww I liked that groove.... bit of a shame...

I haven't heard the CD but I would agree with statement based on what I witnessed live. The guy has little to no finesse. Bring back Menza!!

Got my CD today!

2007_05160219.jpg

Please excuse me if this has been asked already, but:
Andy, what role did you play in the creation of this album?
What I mean is - did you mix it, produce it, etc ....
Just got my iTunes copy .... listening right now.

Thanks

Scott

His vocals sound a lot better on this than they have in a while.

Now, if only we could make him less of a fundagelical loon and get him to watch less 24...

Jeff

Thumbs up Andy! Sounds amazing. Even from my Rhapsody 160 kbps streams.

Andy,
I was wondering something about the Megadeth sound - and was hoping you might be able to shed some light on it, please.
While mixing the tracks - did you use an L2 or some other kind of device such as the L2 on the master bus?
Also - do you know if Dave's Line 6 was mic'd or was it a direct signal from the Line 6 amp?
Thank you.

Scott

Seriously...I've got the best girlfriend!
Megadeth is doing a summer festival tour but through all that they do just 1 date here in Holland in a club...but the tickets were out of my budget pricewise (36 euro's)...but then yesterday she picked up a ticket..and surprised me with it! :)..I'm soooooooooo happy.....

What is it about big-name bands and shitty artwork? The cover artwork on this is terrible ...

CTE was Megadeth's only really good cover that I can remember ...

then as we say here in greece, your memory is cheating you, let's hope that your wife doesn't :rolleyes:

seriously now, come on, the have great covers, except the original release of the first album of course (where are the pickles?!?!). i'm still looking for a huge youthanasia flag or poster for my room :)

i'm not gonna lie i haven't listened to megadeth nearly as much in my life as i have my other favorite thrash outfits (testament, metallica, overkill, etc.) though i do own every megadeth album except the world needs a hero but i mean i was very very suprised how some of the tracks i heard previews of (particularly "a tout le monde") sounds

i think you have to be out of your mind to knock the production or try to compare it to arch enemy. that is like trying to make an argument that eating 20 lemons doesn't taste bitter. while it still has some sort of subjectivety to it it is still pretty obvious that it is bitter. but i mean how this related to music is that it is obvious that no two bands can sound alike. mixing only evens out and dynamically enhances whatever was tracked. so since every band is going to use different gear, playing styles, mics, etc. it will sound different.

also don't forget the different musical styles. so i don't know how anyone could've expected anything better than what i've heard so far on the album. it was dave's decision to use crappy line 6 amps, but i mean whatever. all in all i'm going to buy the album by the weekend to judge it for myself but so far from the couple songs i heard the mixing sounds unbelievable. you can hear everything, which was never the case for megadeth. the gutiars have plenty of attack without being too buzzy and the vocals sound very good. you don't need to be a music professor to hear that mike portnoy isn't the drummer so the drum production naturally cannot stand out but it still sounds better than anything megadeth has done on a sonic level.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FhAdjEvyWEk

i'm pretty sure this is the unmixed version. a giveaway is that the harmony vocals towrds the end (cristina voice) is panned constantly in the album version and the video version it is not panned.

also it just sounds better. you can tell how the video version is totally muddy, no definition in anything. i'm sure the fact that it is a compressed video also has a lot to do with it but there is still a huge difference.