MEGADETH

thats peak not average. Around -9 -10 is standard and it's actually alot quieter than alot of cd's out there deliberately, so I'd say this is spot on. It certainly wasn't hit hard in mastering, I suggest you listen as opposed to going on numbers you don't understand.

HEHEHEHE
they got sneaped/owned

is it just me or do people who use adobe audition in general seem to make a habit of overanalysing things in numbers...
hmmmmm

Just listening to a couple of the live tracks from Warchest, this is incredible!

This is the best live recording sound I've heard of Megadeth, better than the "That One Night" sound (although performance is better on TON), which I was very happy with anyway.

Especially after hearing the bootleg recording of the same show, it's incredible what Andy's done with Nick Menza's drums, and the guitars.

Looking forward to picking up the whole thing tomorrow!

I mixed disc 4 ( titans gig) and live dvd. I also compiled the whole thing and mastered the demos. All the remixes are from the reissued versions, I didnt remaster those.

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely interested in checking out the Live stuff (particularly now I know that you mixed it), not so much on the re-issued stuff. Wish I could just buy the Live stuff.

Thanks again for the feedback.

This Weekend on Maximum Threshold: Dave Ellefson (Megadeth, F5)

Wow, this show on Saturday night (11/3) is starting to shape up and we will have current F5 bassist and former Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson.

We ask that if you are a fan of Dave's work that you check out this live interview on the Maximum Threshold Radio Show this Saturday night. He should be on around 11pm EST Saturday night. To chat with him and ask him questions you need to be registered on the site (http://maximumthreshold.net) and meet us in the MT chatroom. The show is completely uncensored and anything goes. We hope to see you there and bring your friends to the website to have the sign up.

Any questions just shoot me an email at dom@maximumthreshold.net

Thanks!
Dom
http://maximumthreshold.net

Been spinning this CD today. Fucking top notch job Andy. I'm still curious as to what kind of a role you had in the production? I know that you came in fairly late on the tracking phase, and you said that Sleepwalker was the only song you were involved with "from the ground up". How much of the original tracking did you use? how much had to be retracked etc? When you took over the production duties, was anyone else involved? This CD gives me a really Rust In Peace feel in the production (as in how the songs are structured and layered) albeit more modern in terms of the sound.

I just barely picked-up Megadeth's Warchest this week... OMG Andy... I can't believe how great the live shows sound! My favorite is the live DVD. Everything sounds so tight and clean. This is by far, my most cherished Megadeth DVD to date. I'm a huge Medza/Friedman-era fan. This blows the fuckin' Pitrelli and Drover line-ups out of the water. I can't wait to see what you do with the James Lamenzo / Chris Broderick lineup DVD from San-Diego. Aren't you doing that one as well?
:kickass: Thank you AGAIN for doing such a kick-ass job on Warchest disc 4 and live DVD! Cheers! :kickass:

what's the word on the new megadeth? will any of the "demo" stuff end up getting used on the real deal? how's the beach house? sounds like a cool gig to me, but probably a lot of work too I'm sure.