MEGADETH

So Andy lets get down to bits and pieces on this new album Endgame

After listening on Myspace I got some major question .....

Drums are sounding much more natural then usual (except for the signature sneap snare ..lol) I really love the kick on this album lots of punch.

Are the amps all JVM's?

Sounds like some of Chris's leads could be an Engl or a 5150?

Bass, just WOW what was used plain and simple its got a nice snappy quality I always found a bit lacking in some of your other work (no offense, to each his own) but this sounds GREAT !!!

How was Chris to work with in the studio??

Vocally did you have any input as to anything Dave was doing? Vocally I really like this album its got some more "snarl" then Dave has been doing in recent years. (the roadrunner vid posted earlier answered this question so feel free to disregard it ...lol)

Please fill us in.

To add to the questions for Andy...

There are several spots on the album that I hear really low notes hit that almost sound like Chris was tracking on his 7-string and played maybe the bottom E on the 7th string. There's just a few times on the album that I hear a Low E... but there's just so much bottom-end to it that it sounds like it was played lower. Or maybe they hit lower notes than E? Did Chris do any hidden 7-string stuff on the album? Was Dave against it?

To add to the questions for Andy...

There are several spots on the album that I hear really low notes hit that almost sound like Chris was tracking on his 7-string and played maybe the bottom E on the 7th string. There's just a few times on the album that I hear a Low E... but there's just so much bottom-end to it that it sounds like it was played lower. Or maybe they hit lower notes than E? Did Chris do any hidden 7-string stuff on the album? Was Dave against it?

I really think its just the bass sound. I really think the bass sound on this is one of andys best its just friggin crushing !!!

Yeah, i really love the bass tone on this one too. Any info regarding his bass setup, i seen some what look like Ashdown bass cabs in the other thread but what head did he use? Did he record all pick or did he throw some fingerstle in?

Andy deserves an award for Endgame. This might be the best mixed metal album ever.

Every instrument is crystal clear and somehow they all sound like they are in the front of the mix. And it sounds totally organic.

You give Andy full control on an album and 6 months or a year to record it his way and you get this sonic masterpiece. I'm in shock. Scary to think of what he could have done with Death Magnetic.

Andy deserves an award for Endgame. This might be the best mixed metal album ever.

Every instrument is crystal clear and somehow they all sound like they are in the front of the mix. And it sounds totally organic.

You give Andy full control on an album and 6 months or a year to record it his way and you get this sonic masterpiece. I'm in shock. Scary to think of what he could have done with Death Magnetic.

+10000000000000000
I couldnt agree more, this thing is fucking great, I actually bought this proper the day it came out like i did countdown and youthanasia, and its my favorite album material-wise since countdown without a question, I may like it better, Im totally in awe, this mix is flat out stupid incredible. fuck me, this exists. so stoked.

Megadeth is the whole reason I play guitar. After seeing them with marty in 97 I went home and started saving money from my minimum wage job for a guitar. Every since Youthanasia I have wondered where that totally mindblowing Megadeth had gone. Apparently it time traveled to right now. I listened to Endgame start to finish yesterday while working out and the thing is classic Megadeth. Not one time did I want to skip a song.

The Sneap is apparently magic to thrash bands. Testament, Exodus, Megadeth. Now all we need is to get the Sneapster in on Metallica and Slayer and all the planets will be aligned.

Megadeth is the whole reason I play guitar. After seeing them with marty in 97 I went home and started saving money from my minimum wage job for a guitar. Every since Youthanasia I have wondered where that totally mindblowing Megadeth had gone. Apparently it time traveled to right now. I listened to Endgame start to finish yesterday while working out and the thing is classic Megadeth. Not one time did I want to skip a song.

The Sneap is apparently magic to thrash bands. Testament, Exodus, Megadeth. Now all we need is to get the Sneapster in on Metallica and Slayer and all the planets will be aligned.

dude like +12

Listening again today. The drums on this album are slamming and completely natural sounding. Anyone who talks shit about Andy's drum sounds need to hear this and stuff it. And holy christ on that bass tone, really brassy and defined without being straight up moterhead.....

+1

Endgame is awesome. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

just to say that to me Mr Sneap described it well on his interview on how endgame sounds and feels: it´s got the ealier megadeth vibe in some tunes and also a youthanasia to it on other songs.

I personally love the riffing on This day we fight (fockin LOVE it).

Congrats to Megadeth and Andy.