MEGADETH

OMG OMG OMG!! Listening now.....

...wow, not quite what I was expecting. It sounds very Megadeth, ie, I wouldn't have picked that Andy mixed it if it was played to me without the prior knowlegde. It's definately a mix that MD should have had ages ago. Unfortunately the song was only ok. It would have been better if the chorus didn't slow it down.
Still, I'm excited about this album now. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

OMG OMG OMG!! Listening now.....

...wow, not quite what I was expecting. It sounds very Megadeth, ie, I wouldn't have picked that Andy mixed it if it was played to me without the prior knowlegde. It's definately a mix that MD should have had ages ago. Unfortunately the song was only ok. It would have been better if the chorus didn't slow it down.
Still, I'm excited about this album now. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Kinda hard to judge with a live song, though, don't you think?

Great mix...shame about the song

It sounds like post-Rust Megadeth-by-numbers. Underwhelmed in that sense. Hope the writing on the rest of the album is a remarked improvement. It seems like I have to draw breath with every new Megadeth album and wince as they're like another nail in the coffin of a once amazing band. Please let me be wrong and let this be RIP part 2.

It sounds like post-Rust Megadeth-by-numbers. Underwhelmed in that sense. Hope the writing on the rest of the album is a remarked improvement. It seems like I have to draw breath with every new Megadeth album and wince as they're like another nail in the coffin of a once amazing band. Please let me be wrong and let this be RIP part 2.

Hm - I like the song... And the production kicks ass!

this sounds as megadeth, yep that's megadeth of the last records.
it's really strange it's the first mix made by Andy that sounds totally different from his usual way of producing.
Nice mix, strange guitar sound.
Seems like they used those line6 amps, it's really a strange distortion.

Yeah, I saw this vid on the ball last weekend. Dave's guitar level was pretty low on his solo, but who cares. Pretty stoked. I'm kinda on a Megadeth buzz again, right now. Peace Sells...non stop!:kickass: They had their "backline" covered up with logo, backdrop, shit. JSX huh? bitchin!

Lyrics quote: "a more sophisticated way to Wake Up Dead"
It's pretty corny when bands do this.

Shame it isn't a new Wake Up Dead. Damn, did Dave only learn powerchords chords when he "re-learnt" guitar after his arm injury.:Smug: :lol:

Where are the riffs?

Pre-Rust (including Rust minus maybe a couple of tracks - "Poison was the Cure" is metal/country:loco: ) was Megadeth. I used to love it (even with the lineup changes which made it fresh. Chris Poland and Jeff Young were cool guitarists, not to mention Friedman) . Post Rust isn't Megadeth, it's just Dave playing in some other band just using the old bands name. Just my humble opinion.:saint: :)

Bring back the killer riffage Dave, please!!! I remember those riffs where I used to think "How the hell can you play and sing that at the same time" (the term singing is subjective I guess with Dave:p ) What happened to those riffs?