MEGADETH

recorded 2 new ones today, real classic Megadeth feel to them. Working with these guys has been great so far, coming up with some killer stuff and Dave's on fine form. The material we have down really spans the bands career and there's some shreding solos on here..

"Classic Megadeth feel to them" sounds good. Hopefully pre-Countdown feel to them. I can't listen to anything after Rust.:mad:

I don't know what to think.

It's kinda like when you compare photos of your partner now... with the older... thinner person in the pics.

You know it is still same person... and you will accept that person... no matter what.

That is Megadeth to me.

Production is great though. Wonder what a Krank/5150 might have done for Dave's tone.

Is Dave playing that Axxion guitar? What about his Active duncans? Wondering mostly about those pups, cuz, I might wanna try em myself...

From Blabbermouth:

Said MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine about the track: "This was a mix made by Andy Sneap to apply for the job as mixer on this record and I was so impressed I wanted him to help me finish up the last parts as well as cutting two new songs we hadn't planned on releasing. [It was] a great start to one of my favorite records to have ever made so far. If the process of writing and tracking, and the energy we felt in the studios is any indication, then this is just the beginning of the rebuilding of the perfect beast!"

From Blabbermouth:

Said MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine about the track: "This was a mix made by Andy Sneap to apply for the job as mixer on this record and I was so impressed I wanted him to help me finish up the last parts as well as cutting two new songs we hadn't planned on releasing. [It was] a great start to one of my favorite records to have ever made so far. If the process of writing and tracking, and the energy we felt in the studios is any indication, then this is just the beginning of the rebuilding of the perfect beast!"

Yowza!

Dave was obviously too busy digging his collection of Giant albums to check out any Sneap stuff.

Dan Huff? Hair metal has-been/never-was shite.

Dave was obviously too busy digging his collection of Giant albums to check out any Sneap stuff.

Dan Huff? Hair metal has-been/never-was shite.

Just in case you didn't know, Dan Huff is one the the biggest country music producers in the entire world.

got to keep a session moving forward with a good vibe lol.

I think people will be genuinely surprised by this record once we've done.
Dave's got such a great band round him at the mo, total pros and super nice guys. He's also just stepped up with management and the Labels really behind him also, so things are looking great for 2007. I'll get a proper update in the next few days, I'm too busy on my next mix and panicing trying to learn sabbat solos:headbang:

Just in case you didn't know, Dan Huff is one the the biggest country music producers in the entire world.

I'm aware of that. He was also the lead singer and guitarist for one of the cheeziest hair metal bands that came out in the late 80s. I'm sure he's a talented bloke, but I don't want him producing Megadeth again :D

Anyway the best thing done to the lineup was James MacDonough leaving 'deth, in Megadeth he didn't work.
When Megadeth played here for the system has failed tour, James did the worst bassplayer solo ever, it was really a beginner solo, not pro.
That's really strange because with Iced Earth, James rocked a lot.
It's great to see Lomenzo on bass, back with a big band!