MEGADETH

He's always had solos that balance whatever second shredhead he had touring with him; hell, even if they weren't as good as they are, I'd have to give him credit for being able to do ANYTHING after Mustaine's solos on Hangar 18. I see what you're saying with the 'fuck you, I'm metal' kind of thing.

Jeff

Really? His solos with the exception of Wake up Dead and Sweating Bullets are kind of boring.
that is the beauty of art sir, it is subjective. One man's "boring" is another man's
"perfect attitude for the song" as one man's "shredaliscious" is another man's "soulless technological clinician"

bobby gustafson, dave mustaine, those guys really kicked my ass back in the day

SHIT BOBBY G WAS SO GOOD IT MADE ME GO AHEAD AND TOLERATE BLITZ (but that's another thread)

Not to mention that while freidmann, poland, all those guys are bad motherfuckers in the lead department and all, but dave wrote all that shit riff-wise for megadeth and a lot of killer shit with metallica

you just cant fuck with that

respect

of course that is , again, SUBJECTIVE

Not to mention that while freidmann, poland, all those guys are bad motherfuckers in the lead department and all, but dave wrote all that shit riff-wise for megadeth and just about every GOOD song metallica had

you just cant fuck with that

respect

of course that is , again, SUBJECTIVE

So Dave wrote the entire Master of Puppets album too?:OMG: I didn't know that. And god forgive Kirk Hammet for stealling all of dave's solos through out the years. :cry:

Seriously, I wish people would stop comparing Dave Mustain to Metallica. he wasn't even in the band that long and forged his own path, and if they hadn't kicked him out we wouldn't have kick ass albums like Rust in Peace, Peace Sells, Countdown, and i'm hoping the new album will go in this list too. :headbang:

Really? His solos with the exception of Wake up Dead and Sweating Bullets are kind of boring.

That's too crazy! I was going to post the same exact two songs as Dave's best leads ever!!! That's a f'in coincidence for ya. I bet that you are a pretty good guitar player, right?

SHIT BOBBY G WAS SO GOOD IT MADE ME GO AHEAD AND TOLERATE BLITZ (but that's another thread)

I dig the "Horroscope" Overkill the best. That album is fucking CLASSIC! Fugetabowdit.:kickass: I think we've had this conversastion before, Dave.:lol:

I've never had a problem with Dave's leads, or anybody's lead except for maybe Greg Ghin.:lol: Friedman is just above and beyond mind blowing. Glen Drover must be a pretty rad player to pull off that Friedman shit live.

So Dave wrote the entire Master of Puppets album too?:OMG: I didn't know that. And god forgive Kirk Hammet for stealling all of dave's solos through out the years. :cry:

would you feel better I I said he had a hand in or wrote a shitload of great metallica songs and none of the shitty ones?

I'm saying if you wrote "the four horsemen", you get a fucking pass if you cant play a 64th note sweep

im old cranky and senile, no credits on MOP

my bad, I was wrong.

point is the same though

"Ride the Lightning" (Burton, Hetfield, Mustaine, Ulrich) – 6:41

"The Call of Ktulu" (Burton, Hetfield, Mustaine, Ulrich) – 8:55

"The Four Horsemen" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 7:13

# "Jump in the Fire" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 4:41

"Phantom Lord" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 5:01

# "Metal Militia" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 5:11

Yeah I just looked too.:lol: Jump in the Fire. Try and play that muther all the way through! Man I get all cramped up about half way in. I always have to stop and take a break on that song, when jamming along to Kill em All.:lol:

Speaking of MOP, I've never been able to get that guitar vibrato right during the prechorus, right before "obey your master." It's on the 5th string, 10th fret. Probably the best NOTE on the whole album, possibly in heavy metal history, and I can't play the fucking thing. I'm playing it by pushing with my pinky...is that how y'all are doing it?

bobby gustafson, dave mustaine, those guys really kicked my ass back in the day

I know it´s a MEGADETH thread, but back in the day i thought the same! After firing Bobby G from OVERKILL it was never the same D.D Verni ego is probably to big to share the songwriting? I needed some time to get into Blitz (and Zetro) vocals.

Back to the thread: I read some comments from some MEGADETH fanclub members who visited the studio and get some songs to hear. They were really impressed and i think something special is coming the way!

Speaking of MOP, I've never been able to get that guitar vibrato right during the prechorus, right before "obey your master." It's on the 5th string, 10th fret. Probably the best NOTE on the whole album, possibly in heavy metal history, and I can't play the fucking thing. I'm playing it by pushing with my pinky...is that how y'all are doing it?

Pinky vibrato isn't easy even with rubber band tension on the strings... I know that part, and you could actually shift from the E to the F# with the first finger, if not just jump a little over and play that F# with the second finger, and then you can use your second or third finger for that vibrato. If you play those power chords with the first and third fingers like I do that's second nature and it shouldn't incur any odd problems with stretching if you don't have hands half as big as mine.

Jeff

im old cranky and senile, no credits on MOP

my bad, I was wrong.

point is the same though

"Ride the Lightning" (Burton, Hetfield, Mustaine, Ulrich) – 6:41

"The Call of Ktulu" (Burton, Hetfield, Mustaine, Ulrich) – 8:55

"The Four Horsemen" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 7:13

# "Jump in the Fire" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 4:41

"Phantom Lord" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 5:01

# "Metal Militia" (James Hetfield; Lars Ulrich; Dave Mustaine) – 5:11

It's not official but I'm very shure I read somewhere an interview with Mustaine in which he claims the 'Leper messiah' main verse riff as one of his.

Am I wrong?

Can we get this thread back to Andy Sneap and Megadeth? I know i commented on it, but i get all worked up when people start ripping on Metallica. I mean Dave mustain has forged his own identity and i Think Megadeth is just as valid as Metallica. But my god, people bitch and whine so freaking much about Metallica. "Dave Mustain wrote all the good songs", "cliff would be rolling over in his grave if he heard the new stuff". i mean people have been calling them sellouts since the first album. They sold out on "Kill'em all" because the production was too good, Then they sold out on "Ride.." because "fade to black" was a "ballad". They sold out on "And justice.." because they made a video ( oooo... how heartless of them to do that) then they sold out on "the black" album because they stripped down the songs, then they sold out on Load...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Bla:cry: h Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah:cry: Blah Blah BlahBlah :cry: Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah :cry: Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cry: :cry: Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah:cry: :cry: Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah:cry:

If you think Dave worte all the good stuff, cut off your mullet and realize that 1983 was 24 years ago years ago. and they wrote more than 2 albums. and if Cliff (RIP) hadn't died, the music wouldn't have changed much except the bass lines would have been better. (So we would have heard bass on "And Justice...").

It just bugs me that with all of the bands i've mixed, played with and or hung out with, and all the Magazine articles i've read. I can only think of 1 person, ONE, who said i like all Metallica's music and didn't bitch about Load, ST Anger, Etc.. In fact this guy did the best rendition of Anastasia i've ever heard. one person.

Now this a rant, I'm not a fanboy, but my attitude on the subject has been shaped by all the whining and crying i've heard. Hell they can pack arenas, but i've only met one person who person who hasn't called them a sellout or whine about them?

Yeah I just looked too.:lol: Jump in the Fire. Try and play that muther all the way through! Man I get all cramped up about half way in. I always have to stop and take a break on that song, when jamming along to Kill em All.:lol:

Come on, bro! You ain't that old, are you? :)

Insane Genius - you gotta do it with the pinky or it ain't right.

Megadave's Kill 'Em All stuff is classic, but the riffs from Rust In Peace (Holy Wars and Lucretia especially) are the fucc'n shit.

Are you guys familiar with "Break Point"? I don't know why they elected to leave that off of CTE. Excellent riffage.