MEGADETH

Still seeing any bassplayer besides Ellefson is weird...

We should say the same thing for friedman, nobody on this planet can replace Marty, they had the best shredder of all time, it's almost impossible to have another guy like him.
You know now we got the drover's so I think they're good musicians not as good as menza/friedman but I can say totally great players indeed.

Yea, to me Ellefson is as much Megadeth as Mustaine. What's he up to these days?

Really agree with this. I love this guy, and actually his album with F5 is nice.

If one day I see him with Megadeth again I will be really happy!
It just isn't the same without him...

Well... considering Marty was like, the 4th guitarist anyways...

And yeah, he IS my favorite one by far... and one of my all time favorites in general. Ellefson has been there since day one, and was there after Marty, too... that's why its weirder to me... lol

Anyways, bringing back up my question about Dave's Axxion and Livewire Mustaines, whenever Andy sees this =P

J

I just picked up all the remixed/remastered 'Deth albums. WTF! Did he purposely want to fuck up Ellefson's bass parts?! If so, he did a good job of fucking up Peace Sells. Gar's drums sound better without all the verb, but everytihing else is too fucking weird! He could have just remastered them making them a little louder, but these remixes are fucking annoying! I'm WAY used to the originals. The bonus shit is cool, but I'm putting these "remixes" away, before I get used to THEM! Sorry Dave.

I think the remastered/remixed Rust in Peace sounds way better than the original version(bass as well) and I wont listen to the original anymore. I don't know about the other albums though. Only thing I dont like is that he redid some vocal parts, but AFAIR he had to because some of the old master tapes were damaged.

You know now we got the drover's so I think they're good musicians not as good as menza/friedman but I can say totally great players indeed.

Yes great and pro players but to me both of them lack individual style and sound very generic. Good to hear that they changed the bass player though. I saw the bass player from Iced Earth live with Deth and he played the worst bass solo I ever saw and had a hard time playing the songs as well.

I saw Megadeth a couple times with MacDonough...he's a great bass-player, but he really seemed uncomfortable playing with a pick...he's always been a finger-player, and (if I remember correctly) Dave asked him to play with a pick to "get the right sound live"...

It didn't fit his playing very well at all.

But he's a great bass-player, and even filled in for Nevermore for a bit...he was even pretty nice when I met him...

I'd like to hear him back with IE, though...he really got to play in that band...

I just picked up all the remixed/remastered 'Deth albums. WTF! Did he purposely want to fuck up Ellefson's bass parts?! If so, he did a good job of fucking up Peace Sells. Gar's drums sound better without all the verb, but everytihing else is too fucking weird! He could have just remastered them making them a little louder, but these remixes are fucking annoying! I'm WAY used to the originals. The bonus shit is cool, but I'm putting these "remixes" away, before I get used to THEM! Sorry Dave.

All right! I just want to clear this quote up a bit. Like I said, I'm WAY into Megadeth again right now, after pretty much being burned out on 'Deth since , say, '93. I picked up all the remixes, and after blasting these NEW, IMPROVED albums for the last couple of weeks, I think they sound great. My initial reaction was more of a shock. You know, I had the original mixes burned into my brain, and these slight changes in the mix did not compute, at first.:lol: Ignore the previous quote. The new "Peace Sells" sounds great. I really took for granted what a great record "Countdown to Extinction" was, as well! I played this album so many times, when it was first released, I burnt myself out. After 12 or 13 years with "Countdown" on the shelf, FUCK!! Now, I can't stop listening to it again!! Peace Sells is my favorite, but Countdown is a fucking MASTERPIECE album! Countdown brings back all the memories of seeing Pantera, White Zombie, and Megadeth 10 FUCKING TIMES in 92-93.:kickass:

"I am currently in Derbyshire, England with Andy Sneap finishing the record. Glen is over here doing some last-minute sleeping on the couch, er, uh, just kidding. He is seriously shredding some solos! :)

"I, on the other hand, am finishing off the last remaining fixes on songs and last remaining vocal performances. There is a small list of guitars solos and three rhythm parts I need to finish and then we are into mix mode.

"I am just back from a walk in the English countryside with Pam, and I was thinking that I wanted to share with you the exceptional vibes that are taking place out here, but then I thought forget it! Last thing Andy needs is the sheep next door having Megadeth spray-painted on them, or worse!!! :)

"I am sure I will see some of the Megadeth Fan Club members that Dave McRobb is in a holding pattern on telling 'when and where' to come have a drink and a chit-chat with me and Mr. Drover.

"More important news, I am going to reveal the guitar company that I am going to endorse going forward in my career on Friday January 19th, 2007 at 1:00 PM at the NAMM show.

"Until then, just know that every note on this record is being gone over with a fine tooth comb, like I did on Countdown To Extinction, and suffice to say, I should have been doing it this way for the last four or five records. I love how I feel about what I have done, what Glen, James, and Shawn have done, and I love the tones on this record. Although it has not been mixed, you kinda get the feeling of the sound of my custom amp's sound in the rough mix that Andy Sneap did for "Gears Of War." Some of you know about these amps, but I will wait until next week to talk more about that.

"Lastly, I look forward to seeing some of you again at NAMM and until then, stay tuned here! I may be able to get Mike Gitter and Roadrunner to allow us to put up another little snippet of new music. I will be finishing up the long overdue calls to the contest winner, and the daily winners that are still outstanding."

The website still says his rig is Prophesy->Marshall power amp->Marshall cabs with V30s.

Then again, the website also refers people interested in Shawn's drum sticks to ' vicfrith.com ', so...

Jeff

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine recently made an online posting in which he revealed a number of new song titles for the groups forthcoming album "United Abominations", they include:
"Gears Of War"
"Washington Is Next"
"United Abominations"
"Amerikhastan"
"Blessed Are The Dead"
"Never Walk Alone"
Furthermore, the band have also tracked a cover of Led Zeppelin's "Out On The Tiles", more than likely for b-side use and overseas releases. Eleven songs in total are expected to be featured on the North American release of "United Abominations", which is tentatively expected out in April/May via Roadrunner.

Wow that Zepplin tune is going to be intresting....

The title of the second song there is scaring me....seeing as I'm staring at Capitol Hill right now. :ill:

What, like Vic is planning a terrorist attack? Pat Robertson says we're due for one soon now, but I doubt that's too likely.

I'm personally not sure what to think about 'Amerikhastan', as it doesn't seem like he (having become a born-again) would be the type to write about fundamentalist lunacy in the way that title would imply.

Jeff

It's funny my favorite lead player in megadeth has always been

DAVE MUSTAINE

his solos always seemed to have a snotty attitude and didn't have a "meedly meedly, look at me I can play arrpeggios" vibe

IMNSHO

It's funny my favorite lead player in megadeth has always been

DAVE MUSTAINE

his solos always seemed to have a snotty attitude and didn't have a "meedly meedly, look at me I can play arrpeggios" vibe

IMNSHO

Really? His solos with the exception of Wake up Dead and Sweating Bullets are kind of boring.