MEGADETH

I totally agree....I think everything in the song is weak....the chorus is pretty neat though...I can enjoy it and the end is decent, but it really isn't anything all that special...just some really simple lead lines that are harmonized....

so really...I just like the chorus and some of the productions...minus the quiet drums. If those drums were more up front this song would be a lot better IMO...right now it just feels way too guitar heavy and all the balls to the chorus comes from the drums...

Me too! I'm agree with you guys. I had a hard time learning megadeth solos and playing some riff off rust in peace with my band, we had to be very tight to nail the songs.
I want the riffage back!
Guitarhack you're fucking right, how can a man play those riffs and sing at the same time?
Fuck! dave is a genious.

Lyrics quote: "a more sophisticated way to Wake Up Dead"
It's pretty corny when bands do this.

He is singing "end up dead", though. Or maybe "wind up dead" - but definitely not "wake up dead". Although I would have liked that more ... :lol:

Overall my favorite part of the song are the harmonies that start at 2:49.

Other than that, the song sounds like a leftover track from "Countdown" - just not as good.

He is singing "end up dead", though. Or maybe "wind up dead" - but definitely not "wake up dead". Although I would have liked that more ... :lol:

Overall my favorite part of the song are the harmonies that start at 2:49.

Other than that, the song sounds like a leftover track from "Countdown" - just not as good.

Ethnic cleansing
With no defending
These acts of genocide
A fatal ending
With no surrendering
To cover up the cries
And the lie

Smart bombs, precision guided armament
A more sophisticated way to end up dead
Still we search and invent such intelligent weapons
That kill each other
Like the gears of war
Gears of war (x6)

When you ride with thieves
Then you die with thieves
Cross my heart and hope
That you die
When the smoke has cleared
The devil's in the mirror
And you see his warheads
Paint the sky, now you die!

Smart bombs, precision guided armament
A more sophisticated way to end up dead
Still we search and invent such intelligent weapons
That kill each other
Like the gears of war

quoted from the blabbermouth page:heh:

I'm listening again to that mp3.
Uh God I think I was drunk when I said "...different from his usual way...", the mix it's the typical sneapish sound.
I still don't like that Jsx amp, I don't like the guitar sound especially on the solo.
I think jsx sucked even on exodus' last record, I still miss Gary's jcm800.
Watchin Gary playing live with his JCM800 was such a great show to see.
Anyway! I know most of the guys here like jsx, but I think triplexxx is better for me.
Anyway all is IMHO!!!!!!!!!! :)

oh sorry just for expressing my opinion...
yep I was wrong on the exodus thing, anyway on arch enemy triplexxx rocked a lot.
Live, Blaze's got an amazing sound with the triple, and so many bands...
I'm not the only only not liking triple on the exodus record.
A great guy like james boyd, who used to write here on the forum, showed me how great triplexxx sounds.
Anyway I'm the final user who will buy the cd, so I'm just expressing my opinion, nothing more nothing less.
Sorry again I won't say anything against anybody anymore

Hahaha hey come on Maurizio don't get mad, nobody's telling you to shut up or not to express your opinion, but you must admit it's always funny to read that "The sound of amp X is not good on this record, I prefer amp Y" while it's amp Y that has been used :) Ok, not so funny when you're the one saying it but it happened (or still happens) to us all :lol:

i hear "gears of war" ( sound more like kiss of war to me lol )

sound is very nice!! i like allot the mix and the song , the main riff reminds me an oooold song of stratovarius when tolki sings

i really mis marty on this one !!

the solo of the song was 0 for the song

i like the vocals also

i will buy this one for sure

The song is cool enough.
The solo's are total duds though.

This is the first time that somebody made dave sing a little different. Be it him, or the producer that led him there, i DO like the direction.

Again, the solo's.....total schelpper material. boooo.

I like it, is nothing special, but the song put me in the rust in peace era.....
and I love Mr.Mustain voice.

Thanks for the link Fabz, i missed it the first time. That's the best Megadeth guitar tone since the Countdown era.:kickass: The guitar tones have just gone down hill since then and The System Has Failed has the most over-processed tone i've ever heard.

I think it's awesome, Megadeth returning to form. It's hard to say what an album will be like by hearing one song, but the quality was there that i haven't heard in a long time. I can't wait to hear Glen Drover's contributions. He's got some big shoes to fill.:headbang:

I like it, is nothing special, but the song put me in the rust in peace era.....
and I love Mr.Mustain voice.

Right on Tachy, my thoughts exactly!
I dig this song a lot, I hope Megadeth's back on the right track after (for me at least) a slew of disappointing albums after Youthanasia...
And I miss Marty's unique touch as well.

Just to let you know, its all going great down here in San Diego, recorded 2 new ones today, real classic Megadeth feel to them. Working with these guys has been great so far, coming up with some killer stuff and Dave's on fine form. The material we have down really spans the bands career and there's some shreding solos on here. Glen is amazing to work with. Few more days on vocals, then back to blighty, then possibly back here right after xmas depending what progress we make over the next couple of days. Very close to wrapping this up ready to be mixed at the start on Jan.