MEGADETH

Come on, bro! You ain't that old, are you? :)

Insane Genius - you gotta do it with the pinky or it ain't right.

Megadave's Kill 'Em All stuff is classic, but the riffs from Rust In Peace (Holy Wars and Lucretia especially) are the fucc'n shit.

Are you guys familiar with "Break Point"? I don't know why they elected to leave that off of CTE. Excellent riffage.

"Don't push me to a breakpoiiiiint" ... Breakpoint is such a classic Megadeth track. It includes all the trademarks (even the word "brrrreakkk" - the way Dave pronounces it in about 34 different songs) and I gotta dig out my "Hidden Treasures"-CD to listen to all those gems again ...

Can we get this thread back to Andy Sneap and Megadeth? I know i commented on it, but i get all worked up when people start ripping on Metallica. I mean Dave mustain has forged his own identity and i Think Megadeth is just as valid as Metallica. But my god, people bitch and whine so freaking much about Metallica. "Dave Mustain wrote all the good songs", "cliff would be rolling over in his grave if he heard the new stuff". i mean people have been calling them sellouts since the first album. They sold out on "Kill'em all" because the production was too good, Then they sold out on "Ride.." because "fade to black" was a "ballad". They sold out on "And justice.." because they made a video ( oooo... how heartless of them to do that) then they sold out on "the black" album because they stripped down the songs, then they sold out on Load...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Bla:cry: h Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah:cry: Blah Blah BlahBlah :cry: Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah :cry: Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cry: :cry: Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah:cry: :cry: Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah:cry:

If you think Dave worte all the good stuff, cut off your mullet and realize that 1983 was 24 years ago years ago. and they wrote more than 2 albums. and if Cliff (RIP) hadn't died, the music wouldn't have changed much except the bass lines would have been better. (So we would have heard bass on "And Justice...").

It just bugs me that with all of the bands i've mixed, played with and or hung out with, and all the Magazine articles i've read. I can only think of 1 person, ONE, who said i like all Metallica's music and didn't bitch about Load, ST Anger, Etc.. In fact this guy did the best rendition of Anastasia i've ever heard. one person.

Now this a rant, I'm not a fanboy, but my attitude on the subject has been shaped by all the whining and crying i've heard. Hell they can pack arenas, but i've only met one person who person who hasn't called them a sellout or whine about them?
geez man, do you feel better?
Metallica is without a doubt my favorite band of all time. I even revised my statement when I figured out I was wrong (about MOP). settle down homie.

Did you guys watch Some Kind of Monster? How could you feel anything other than sadness for these guys? It's amazing what has happened to them and their music, really sad. Honestly, I felt bad for them after seeing it. Made me never want to become famous.

$0.02, don't quote me on any of this

Gotta love the replacement of future criticisms, as well as the dismissal of those before them, with 'blah' - that TOTALLY makes all of the albums better. That, and the arena-packing bit, because no bad band has ever filled an arena, ever, period.

Jeff

werd

they need an icon of a clenched up arthritic fist

st_angerb.jpg

Come on, bro! You ain't that old, are you? :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, that song has always got my hand fired up since I was a kid starting out. Try it. Something about that G position and that repitition on the chourus. And at the end of the song, FUCK. It repeats 100 fuckin times before fading out. I don't know that one riff has always fucked me up.:lol:
I've been using "Among the Living and Kill em all" as my "workout" albums, since I was a kid. Probably once every two weeks, I break em out, with my standard guitar and play along to em all the way through. I always have to stop on Jump in the Fire, because of the cramp, and I always have to stop during NFL on ATL. Just some riffs do that to me.

Did you guys watch Some Kind of Monster? How could you feel anything other than sadness for these guys?

It was really shocking they just need to get a grip. There are plenty of bands who have made better albums than that and been able to cope with life and had jobs as well. Just makes you wonder if they lost it all today could they ever cope with real life?

Anyway IMO Megadeth have always been the better band!! MOP was great but peace sells was amazing.

Brett, I'm sorry, but how can people be "on topic" about this Megadeth album when it hasn't come out yet?? All we've heard is one "test" mix (or is it the final one)...I mean, people have posted questions to andy, legitimate questions, and I think while they wait for the album to come out, or for andy to answer those questions, I think this is fine conversation. Its better than threads that become blatant Trivium bash-fests....give everyone some slack, man.

Please back on topic guys.

Fair point. This is probably the worst case of bringing another band into a thread about a band. Megadeth have enough of a legacy to be proud of without bringing up ancient history that hasnt been relevant for years.

Megadeth are still one of my favorite bands and I cant wait to hear the new album!! I think once its out this thread will really get busy with questions and comments