Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, in harry potter V there is a funny grading system for the OWLs (equivalent of O levels), going from O to T:

O - outstanding
E - exceeds expectations
A - acceptable
P - poor
D - dreadful
T - troll

I think we all should adopt that. :)

Uh...uh...uh...how about NeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeOOOO YOU CRAZY BASTARD! (Sorry, Dr Evil moment)

I'm more for the Ash'aman system. If nothing else I get to wear black, and not a black dress either :p And in addition I get a sword...not a poncey stick...

pff :D credits are not grades, are "points" that you can gain during the years, they depend by your grades every year and by activities like sport that you can do at school (i refuse to do any sport :p) the max you can get is 20, and the highest grade you can get in the whole exam without credits is 80, only if you have 20 credits you get 100.
it's unfair i think, but it's this way

@hyena: :D yeah we all should!

Hiljainen said:
pff :D credits are not grades, are "points" that you can gain during the years, they depend by your grades every year and by activities like sport that you can do at school (i refuse to do any sport :p) the max you can get is 20, and the highest grade you can get in the whole exam without credits is 80, only if you have 20 credits you get 100.
it's unfair i think, but it's this way

edit your post changing "unfair" with "absolutely incomprehensible" and we'll talk sense.

no, really: you've got 16/20 out of a possible 80 and you have a pass if you get at least 12? does that mean your pass is at 30/32? wtf?

rahvin.

And then, if you realign the earth's rotation to meet that of Alpha-Trion, then times that by the polarity of the combined molecular mass of the milky way and divide THAT by mushrooms, you should have your answer.
I think it's all fairly straight-forward.

Dark_Jester said:
You're our esteemed Lord Captain Commander...or M'hael, whatever. Which system do you pick Oh Great One? I will await your decision while gripping the hilt of my sword suggestively ;)

just as long as i don't catch you singing "a wizard's staff has a knob on the end", or add a home rule to maiden's kiss prescribing it gets played with seven-foot halberds.

rahvin.

rahvin said:
edit your post changing "unfair" with "absolutely incomprehensible" and we'll talk sense.

no, really: you've got 16/20 out of a possible 80 and you have a pass if you get at least 12? does that mean your pass is at 30/32? wtf?

rahvin.

i'm very bad at explanations :cry: the written exam highest grade is 45, the oral exam highest is 35, and the highest amount of credits is 20. i pass if i have at least 60, credits included.
now i got 32/45 in the written exam and i have 16/20 credits, so i have an amount of 48 points and to reach 60 i need a minimum of 12 points in the oral. is it clearer? :erk:

@hilj: yep. so miolo was right, you're starting from a 48. plus you can still achieve a whopping grandtotal of 83 - which would mean almost 50/60 according to how the grades were when hyena and i graduated from high school - out of 100, which would rank you among the very good students.

rahvin.

This board is populated by too kind people, you all cheered me up today :)

Well, i've talked to a classmate by phone and it seems that in our teachers' eyes we're all shitty students, the highest grade reached was 39 by a student that deserved a lot more, and more than half class got grades near 20. i was a bit too upset to look to other people when i went to school. the sculpture teacher apparently put 0 to everyone of us. and the grades of the other classes were all about 40, some teacher that we had in the past years were really disappointed by the difference between the results :confused:

go, hilj, go!
icon_rock.gif

:p

Miolo (who achieved a whopping grandtotal of 76)

@miolo: are you aware that your "go, hilj, go" was oddly reminiscent of an old ricky martin song? :lol:

Reactions: Miolo
Status
Not open for further replies.