Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NF: Slightly annoyed. A fanlisting I joined removed me from their list for no reason (I followed the rules). It doesn't take a genius to find that the code is on my site (the main reason for removing sites).
Perhaps they don't support my musical taste. :p

"My skin so delicate,
it's so demanding bliss
won't carry it far."

This sums up how i feel about my skin right now. :mad: It seems i can't wear anything else than athletic shoes, without getting blisters for the first 100,000 times. :mad:

Other than that, an eyelash got STABBED under my eyelid, i took me quite a while to get it out and now my eye hurts. :(

If we don't take into account my being a complete wreck, i feel pretty good. :D

NF: I should learn not to drink coffee late at night. Now I'm tired, yet I can't sleep so I'm here killing time...
Plus it's cold. Soon it will be autumn :cry:

NF: - I went for a night out with a few friends tonight, and when I was there, I saw a guy I thought I recognised but didn't know where. It turned out to be a friend of mine who now has throat cancer. When I used to see him in high school about a year or so ago he was a slightly chubby guy with hair down to his eyes, but now he is a gaunt gaunt bald man with a giant scar across his throat. Luckily I managed to play it calm and cool and throw on my 'so what' persona and just entertained him for the night about various outrageous stories of university life, but I got home, broke down and cried. I can't believe its happened to such a nice guy. Everytime they cut the cancer out, it seems to grow back in a different place, and I can;'t imagine how scared the poor guy must be...I feel so hopeless and helpless...I wanted to go into law so I could help people, but some people I can't help beyond being as good a friend as I can be...
Rant over...

Northern Lights said:
Plus it's cold. Soon it will be autumn :cry:

Which is really the only good thing about this shitty swedish summer,
it comes to an end, I fucking hate this sweaty bullshit weather,
thankfully it has been raining for the past few days and it's getting a
lot colder now :)

NF: sleepy, I guess I should stop bashing people on forums and get
some sleep ;)

@D_J: That would really bother me too. It makes me mad that I get so selfish about little things that I call problems of my own. Some people such as this person from school that you know have much more serious circumstances that actually are problems. Thanks for posting that. I wish that person well that you saw.

NF: It no longer seems to matter.

@D_J: Wow. I'm really at a loss for words. I've known a few people who had fallen on misfortunes they did not deserve, and it makes me feel so broken every time I hear, as there's nothing I can do. It makes my own life seem not so bad in comparison and makes me feel guilty to want so much. My best thoughts go out to the man you met. Being a friend is sometimes the only thing you can do, but it's still a lot, as true friends are hard to find.

Salamurhaaja said:
Which is really the only good thing about this shitty swedish summer,
it comes to an end, I fucking hate this sweaty bullshit weather,
thankfully it has been raining for the past few days and it's getting a
lot colder now :)

For some reason, the discussion about autumn reminds me of the Sentenced song "Dead Leaves" (if you've heard it you know how it goes). Um, anyways...

I love the autumn. I don't get sunburnt, and it's still warm enough to walk around wearing attractive clothes. I look forward to it instead of this 30+ Celcius weather.

mousewings said:
I feel better as of now. Thank you.

The tradeshow was quite disappointing. I was expecting more goods for sale... I only got a lip balm. I also wished (but didn't expect) to see information on the music scene.

I wanted Wide Mouth Mason to come back to the festival stage. The band performing on the day I went was horrible (Not by Choice), so I didn't see them (I wasn't interested in any of the bands there, but that's just me). You should have begged to stay and see Trooper.

That's the reason why I was disappointed...lack of sales. Big deal, they had Ikea and a bunch of Husqvarna sewing machines which are already sold in Canada anyway.

Lip balm eh? Was it imported from Scandinavia or was it just some random item? Because they just randomly decided to have a Clodhoppers stand...

We were gonna stay for Trooper, but my bro threw a hissy fit cause he thinks they suck, so we left early.

Dark_Jester said:
NF: - I went for a night out with a few friends tonight, and when I was there, I saw a guy I thought I recognised but didn't know where. It turned out to be a friend of mine who now has throat cancer. When I used to see him in high school about a year or so ago he was a slightly chubby guy with hair down to his eyes, but now he is a gaunt gaunt bald man with a giant scar across his throat. Luckily I managed to play it calm and cool and throw on my 'so what' persona and just entertained him for the night about various outrageous stories of university life, but I got home, broke down and cried. I can't believe its happened to such a nice guy. Everytime they cut the cancer out, it seems to grow back in a different place, and I can;'t imagine how scared the poor guy must be...I feel so hopeless and helpless...I wanted to go into law so I could help people, but some people I can't help beyond being as good a friend as I can be...
Rant over...

You're a very empathetic individual, and I admire you for that. Personally, I would've reacted the same way, but I know what you mean. Out of all the people in the world, why the affable ones? Why do they deserve to be in such pain? You're very strong for doing what you did.

Incendiare said:
That's the reason why I was disappointed...lack of sales. Big deal, they had Ikea and a bunch of Husqvarna sewing machines which are already sold in Canada anyway.

Lip balm eh? Was it imported from Scandinavia or was it just some random item? Because they just randomly decided to have a Clodhoppers stand...

We were gonna stay for Trooper, but my bro threw a hissy fit cause he thinks they suck, so we left early.
Yeah, the Ikea, Clodhoppers, and the machines were odd. Especially the Clodhoppers. Who wants to lug that stuff through a fairground when you can get it some other time.

The lip balm was imported from Iceland. I got it from the best stall (IMO) there, the Icelandic one.

Too bad about the concert. I would have thrown my own tantrum to stay (but this is why I'm annoying :p ).

Ohhh yeah, the Icelandic store was the best indeed. I was gonna buy a nice pair of wool gloves there, but they had no lining in them and were so itchy.

@D_J: i agree with what mowsewings said, and i know how you feel, my mother had parts of her thyroid removed already at least two times, and one of my teacher died of cancer, less than three months after he retired from school he died. those things make people feel completely powerless.

edit:typo: "parths". weird things come out of my mind sometimes.

@Mousie
I do know the Sentenced song, can't remember how it
goes tho, something about dying I bet tho ;)

The reason I don't like summer is simple, sun and black
clothes really don't go together and I have to cover up
or I will burn, I have no tolerance for the sun, how
vampiric of me :lol:

NF: Just like I woke up from a 1000 year sleep, I had no
idea what day it was or where I was, then I realized the
horror of it all ;)
Oh well, some coffee and killing people in Vice City and
I should be fine again :lol:

"I'm the illegimate son of God..."
II
II
V

mousewings said:
For some reason, the discussion about autumn reminds me of the Sentenced song "Dead Leaves" (if you've heard it you know how it goes). Um, anyways...

I love the autumn. I don't get sunburnt, and it's still warm enough to walk around wearing attractive clothes. I look forward to it instead of this 30+ Celcius weather.
Actually, autumn reminds me of Sentenced period. Something about their music sounds so brisk and cool. I just feel like its late October everytime I put in a Sentenced album. And that's a good thing since Autumn is my favorite season. :)

Salamurhaaja said:
I do know the Sentenced song, can't remember how it
goes tho, something about dying I bet tho

:tickled: I love that about Sentenced. The suicide band.

Tebus said:
Actually, autumn reminds me of Sentenced period. Something about their music sounds so brisk and cool. I just feel like its late October everytime I put in a Sentenced album. And that's a good thing since Autumn is my favorite season. :)

funny, they make me think of summer instead, cause i think their music is cold and reminds me of winter :loco: no, really, it's true: i started to listen to some of their songs last summer and so they remind me of summer even if the first thought i have when i listen to them is of frost and snow.

To everyone, specially Tebus, Mousie, Inc and Hiljy, just wanna say thanks for the support, it means a lot to have people ready with a kind word :)

Secondly, I feel like I want winter back...I miss my trenchcoat and turtlenecks :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.